Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I finally fit in that darn shirt...

In 2012, my mother in law bought me a fairly crazy purple dress shirt that I'd never buy. And also, compared to my size at the time, it seemed it might fit a 10 year old.

Yet this morning I found it in the back of the closet, and my goodness, it fits well. I wore it to the office. I'm purplish blue like a smurf, and I like it.

98b93f163eb6d17f1f554e50d6ccda41f1bb.jpg

About a decade ago I weight 240, and slowly lost. In the last year I've dropped about another 30 since joining MFP and being active with it. I'm 10'lbs from my original goal weight and realizing it's time to stop losing the fat and building the muscle. :
Now to edit my goals, and make my shoulders too big for this shirt :D

Replies

• French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    You just need the jaunty white cap! Ha ha! Congratulations.
  • weavsworld
    weavsworld Posts: 13 Member
    What the heck, I'd wear the hat.
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    OMG That's hilarious and awesome! I had this Terminator shirt that I purchased at Universal Studios LONG ago, with my weight gain I wasn't able to wear it until a couple of weeks ago. Since joining MFP I had been trying it on once every couple of weeks, then 2 weeks ago BAM it fit!
    ...unfortunately no pic. :(
  • weavsworld
    weavsworld Posts: 13 Member
    Haha, I can't wait to try on some more. I'm surprised I kept these shirts, I guess I was always hopeful.

The real problem is that the majority of my dress clothes really are WAY too big now. I already got rid of half since they looked like balloons on me. The others that are left are smaller but still look like I'm ballooning out, and clothes are expensive. TJ Max here I come, I guess.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I love the color. Congrats!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Congratulations! It looks great on you.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I remember how good it felt going from XL shirts to L, the XL was just to fit over my beer gut. Congratulations!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    I think it's a great colour! Congrats!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    edited October 2016
    That shirt is fashion forward and fits great. Isn't it weird when something you thought was made for a child now fits you? Shows how skewed our body perception gets when we gain. Congrats.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!