Just feel so damn good!

Options
I think this is the plan i have been waiting for. Counting the calories has really opened my eyes to portion sizes and high calorie/fat foods. I am 100% confident that I will be at my goal weight within a year. This isnt a diet at all. Its an eye opener to living life a healthier way. I love readying all the succes stories. Its really just basic math. burn more then you put in. I used to snack endlessly on nuts, cheese, crackers, peanut butter, chips. No wonder I got in the position I did. Its amazing all the great fresh fruits and salads i have had this week along with a small sample of my favorite foods. Weird how all of a sudden I feel like walking at night and getting on my exercise bike in the morning. Nothing better then when a light goes on finally in your head.

see you at the beach next summer in my speedo! :o)

DR

Replies

• little_miss_very_bad
    little_miss_very_bad Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean and good on you for feeling so positive about this - it is very easy to become obsessed by the numbers and let it take over sometimes. But seeing it as a lifestyle change as opposed to a 'diet' is the best way - I used to have some terrible eating habits beforehand, but now I feel as though I have broken those habits as I have become more aware of what I am eating and how much I am moving. Its a brilliant feeling to finally have it sussed.
    x
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    We hear "garbage in, garbage out" so many times it loses its meaning, but it's so true. I feel INFIITELY better and more energetic when I eat healthy and within proper portions! Welcome to the party ~ best of luck to you, Speedoman!!
  • little_miss_very_bad
    little_miss_very_bad Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    BTW at this rate I think I may be seeing you on that beach soon lol!
    x
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    Congratulations for turning the corner. It really is amazing when you start honestly logging everything - the whole eat this, not that thing really kicks in and it's not a "diet" then. Good Luck!
  • Iron_Biker
    Iron_Biker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    We hear "garbage in, garbage out" so many times it loses its meaning, but it's so true.

Amen to that.

Good job Darren! See you at the beach!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
    It's funny, I can very close to posting something similar to your comments this morning. I feel fantastic!
    I started this journey on January 4th of this year and met my goal weight in 123 days. It seemed so simple once my eyes were open to what I HAD been doing...so I decided to go for and extra 5 lb loss. I am one pound away from that goal. I just may set one more 5 lb goal and be at the weight I was in high school....over 30 years ago...
    Again, congrats on your success with this site (I think it's the best one on the web) and I wish you all the luck and good health.
  • pfenixa
    pfenixa Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    AMEN! I've discovered that with this lifestyle change it hasn't been just my weight that's changed, but my overall MOOD. I'm not happy with everything in my life but I feel like before I made this change that I was always borderline depressed over my home, my job, or relationships. Some of those things have gotten better and others haven't, but I don't get so down like I used to. The self attention and progress I've made have really boosted my confidence and given me something that I can be proud of.

I'm sure the charm may wane after awhile but I know that the change itself is going to benefit me for the rest of my life as long as I stick with it. Cheers!:drinker:
  • janetgardiner
    Options
    DR
    you are so right about not think of it as a diet. I love this site and think of it as a bit of a game. I'm losing weight, eating right but having a great time doing it. I would love to run into you on the beach but sadly I'm in the UK and tend to swim in the pool as the beaches over here aren't very sandy :) keep up the good work and HAVE FUN....:smile:
    JG
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Awesome, sounds like a great start!!!
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
    It's funny, I can very close to posting something similar to your comments this morning. I feel fantastic!
    I started this journey on January 4th of this year and met my goal weight in 123 days. It seemed so simple once my eyes were open to what I HAD been doing...so I decided to go for and extra 5 lb loss. I am one pound away from that goal. I just may set one more 5 lb goal and be at the weight I was in high school....over 30 years ago...
    Again, congrats on your success with this site (I think it's the best one on the web) and I wish you all the luck and good health.

This pretty much mirrors my experience. 30 year class reuinion next year, set a goal, hit it, moved it 3 times now and I'm 4 pounds away from my final goal. This program does work if you're diligent and honest.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!