How much should I aim to lose?

Options
I am 4.11 or a bit more. Weight hovers around 114/118 lbs. My goal weight is 106/109 lbs and in the process of losing weight I want to enjoy the food I eat, exercise regularly and make this thing a habit.

So, how much should I aim to lose in a week/month? I am in no hurry but I want it to be sustainable. I have a major sweet tooth and since I work from home, my kitchen is just around the corner, so I am constantly snacking. How much should I cut from my intake and how much should I try to burn everyday? Is 30/40 minutes of exercise enough?

Thank you in advance ..

Replies

• shiraashira
    shiraashira Posts: 10 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    What are some good exercise routine
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would have tried to identify my eating problems such as you mentioned snacking constantly, and try to fix those gradually. That is the process of healthy living. Don't cut back on food. If you have a sweet tooth, enjoy your sweets but in moderation. If you used to have two oreos, have one from now on. If you enjoy two spoons of sugar in your coffee, try 1 and 3/4 quarter spoon from tomorrow and cut back on them slowly. You won't see drastic changes but you will feel the differences.

30/40 minutes of exercise is quite enough. But mixing your workouts is the key to not get bored and see results. Try to do some kind of activity that ups your heart rate and is enjoyable at the same time. Start slow, take one day at a time.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I am 4.11 or a bit more. Weight hovers around 114/118 lbs. My goal weight is 106/109 lbs and in the process of losing weight I want to enjoy the food I eat, exercise regularly and make this thing a habit.

So, how much should I aim to lose in a week/month? I am in no hurry but I want it to be sustainable. I have a major sweet tooth and since I work from home, my kitchen is just around the corner, so I am constantly snacking. How much should I cut from my intake and how much should I try to burn everyday? Is 30/40 minutes of exercise enough?

Thank you in advance ..

Set your goal for .5 lb a week.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    1/2 pound a week.

A good exercise plan is one that you enjoy doing. Ideally you include some cardio - great for heart & lungs. Also try to include resistance or strength training. This is great for keeping a higher % of lean muscle while losing weight and is good for your bone health. This will "shape" your weight loss results.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    0.5lbs per week as the above.