What do you eat post-workout?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast and a giant bowl of ice cream.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats cooked with berries and a couple of hard boiled eggs usually.
  • tillerstouch
    tillerstouch Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with vanilla protien powder mixed in.
  • jdscrubs32
    jdscrubs32 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    watts6151 wrote: »
    Mariaj0809 wrote: »
    which is the best way? To eat before or after workout?

Both, I eat every 3 hours, so technically
    Always have a pre and post work out Meal

This is me as well @watts6151 with the pre workout meal consumed an hour before the workout and the post workout more or less straight away if I have worked out late at night or an hour or so if the workout is before lunchtime.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Beer and pizza.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    depends on the time of day...usually lunch or dinner...

there is going to be little to no benefit of eating right after a workout for most people...for most people, overall diet is numero uno...most of this kind of stuff is beneficial to the elite level athlete, not your average Joe/Jane knocking out 30 minutes on the elliptical or pushing and pulling some weight for an hour.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk with whey protein,unless I'm about to have lunch anyway.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything specifically for post workout. If it's a morning workout, I just have my coffee and breakfast after my shower. If its an evening workout, I go home and cook dinner and eat it.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am usually done with my workouts midmorning so I just have a snack, usually a protein bar (Quest) and a banana. I should start making smoothies again because I have had a craving for them, but I am lazy!
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I do try to make sure I'm eating some protein/carbs afterward a workout. Sometimes, it's just dinner or I might have a protein shake, protein bar, or some Greek yogurt and honey nut Cheerios. It depends on when I worked out.
  • awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Protein, protein, protein.....
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    anything that's too slow to escape . . .

actually, these days i lift first and then go do my grocery errands. so lately i've been buying a couple of extra oranges and finding somewhere to eat those before i head home.