I started eating junk food again and this time I am binging regularly

Options
2»

Replies

• unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Seek therapy. I currently have two binge eaters as clients but I wouldn't help them until they got help first.
    Both are now going on a year with no binging.
    As a side note, I don't ask them to track calories and all of my clients use intuitive eating.
    Best of luck.

This is my second time doing this. I think I'll give myself some time to see if it happens again.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Seek therapy. I currently have two binge eaters as clients but I wouldn't help them until they got help first.
    Both are now going on a year with no binging.
    As a side note, I don't ask them to track calories and all of my clients use intuitive eating.
    Best of luck.

This is my second time doing this. I think I'll give myself some time to see if it happens again.

A binge is a habit. If you put energy into a habit it grows. Habit is triggered by an event that usually has an emotion attached to it.
    Your job in beating the binge is to identify what happens BEFORE the binge.
    I'm not going to dig because binging is also related to past events and sometimes emotional trauma. My recommendation is talk to a doctor. Identify the triggering emotion, insert a new habit where the binge should be, and put energy into that.

Best of luck