Anyone else addicted to the scale? How do you survive the 1 pound gain?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Puppybear1 wrote: »
    I am in my first week and I can not wait to weigh in every morning! Then, today, up 1 and 1/2 pounds. Ugh! I know it's normal but it still sucks. What do you do to encourage yourself on days like this?

You come to the understanding that weight fluctuations are perfectly normal and will always happen, for a multitude of reasons completely unrelated to actual weight/fat loss.

You use a trend tracking app such as Happy Scale, Libra, Trendweight, etc. and look at your overall long term trend rather than day by day.

If it's too upsetting to see the fluctuations, weigh less often. Some people can handle it, others can't.
  • Eddie__Jones
    Eddie__Jones Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I used to be.

I found other things to track progress like measurements, pictures, and lifting numbers.

The sooner you can focus on the process and not the result the better.

I weigh everyday but just for the data. The graph is a downward trend.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day because I don't want to rely on how I "feel" like I am doing. It's very early to worry about the gain like that, I found that over time I had 4-5 day losing weight then a spike, over and over. When you zoom out though, the trend is downwards.
    F14r0zT.jpg
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    lol sorry that is so big!
  • aboverubies5
    aboverubies5 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh the same time weekly. Weight goes up and down depending on water gain//time of day etc. I weigh once a week first thing in the morning after I pee. Then I log it.