Didn't make the best lunch choice...still hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• LyiannaTameka
    LyiannaTameka Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi OP,
    You might not be interested, but for a tasty lunch (not salad or soup), I advocate a sandwich. I eat a chicken salad sandwich on a daily basis and it really fills me up. It consists of 2 medium slices of wholemeal bread, 10g of Flora light butter between the bread, 2 thick slices of chicken, 30g of lettuce and 40g of cucumber. I don't like tomatoes but if you like tomatoes, you can also add them. This meal is tasty as *kitten* and it clocks in at 270 calories, which is pretty damn good. I don't like salads plus they don't fill me up, so for a heartier option, I definately advocate a chicken salad sandwich. Good luck ❤️.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    at least you realize it was your meal choice, and you've learned something from your experience.

I try to keep notes on what keeps me hungry and what keeps me full.

I never quite relate when people on here talk about how they eat what they want they just stay within their calorie limit. like that is easy on 1400 calories. What it means to me, is blow your diet on one meal and suffer the rest of the day for it..
  • DisruptedMatrix
    DisruptedMatrix Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Munch on carrots!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ds41980 wrote: »
    Maybe you could drink a cup of broth? Beef or chicken broth? Makes you feel like you ate something no calories.

Errr what? No it doesn't

Homemade chicken broth is around 80 calories a bowl...even a stock cube is 30 or so

That can matter
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sued0nim wrote: »
    Maybe you could drink a cup of broth? Beef or chicken broth? Makes you feel like you ate something no calories.

Errr what? No it doesn't

Homemade chicken broth is around 80 calories a bowl...even a stock cube is 30 or so

That can matter

You can find broth at 5 calories a cup in the stores though (College Inn fat free).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Sued0nim wrote: »

Errr what? No it doesn't

That can matter

You can find broth at 5 calories a cup in the stores though (College Inn fat free).

Thankfully not here...it's amazing what people are allowed to call broth ...zero nutritional values

Real broth is a delight
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Beans or vegetables make tacos mord filling for me. I like to use spinach instead of lettuce.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water and wait 20 mins or so. If you still feel miserably hungry, try a high- protein snack to top off the tank.
  • bclarke1990
    bclarke1990 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Have a bowl of green beans or broccoli. 100 calories isn't going to kill you and you'll be stuffed. It's simple :)
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I am always hungrier/snackier if I've had crap sleep. It's the body trying to keep itself awake with extra energy.

ah this makes sense !!! same for me. I don't know why this never occurred to me before.. DUH !
  • bininj
    bininj Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's ever ok to be hungry when on a diet. If your hungry you're on the wrong diet for you. I eat LCHF, and have small regular weight losses. Protein is filling and takes a longer time to digest. I suggest more protein and fat in your diet, and less carbs. It's worth a try