why are people hung up over eating food off the floor

Options
NormInv
NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
Why is everyone got some x seconds rule? If the floor is clean and dry, and your food is dry, then just pick it up and eat it. I do this all the time. What's the big deal?

Replies

• gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I usually let my dog have food that fell on the floor. She gets a treat and I don't have to eat floor food. Then again, I apply the ten-second rule if the floor is clean. When I was a kid my dad would say, "Your mom's floors are clean enough to eat off of anyway," to tease my mom cause they really weren't; we were messy kids and hard to keep up with. :laugh:

Yep. I always let my dogs have food that falls on the floor.
  • NyxNine
    NyxNine Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    No matter how clean the floor is, there will always be germs on it. Doesn't matter how fast you pick up floor food, it's still floor food. '-'
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    A house with two dogs a cat and long hair does not make for an edible floor
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    We used to have "floor pizza" on the employee food table in the restaurant where I worked. May or may not have partaken.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Dunno how dirty your floors are but I'll happily eat something after dropping it on my house's floor. Been doing it for years and I'm fi
  • babyluthi
    babyluthi Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone got some x seconds rule? If the floor is clean and dry, and your food is dry, then just pick it up and eat it. I do this all the time. What's the big deal?

Microscopic pooh particles and other such grossness from people's shoes. Toe jam/sweat from peoples feet/socks.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    five-second-rule-1.jpg
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    We were camping once, and I ate a Dorito I dropped on the ground. On to dirt actually. My sister-in-law thought it was the grossest thing ever. Can't let a good Dorito go to waste, and a little dirt never hurt anyone!
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    blog-friends-cheesecake.jpg
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    I eat chips and nuts off the floor on regular basis.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yea but,,,,do you log the dirt too?? Didnt think so
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    We used to have "floor pizza" on the employee food table in the restaurant where I worked. May or may not have partaken.

Bahahaha. Me too!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I have dropped. A biscuit yeah, soup? probably not.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    We were camping once, and I ate a Dorito I dropped on the ground. On to dirt actually. My sister-in-law thought it was the grossest thing ever. Can't let a good Dorito go to waste, and a little dirt never hurt anyone!

Yeah what I can't get past is when I see someone doing this and bending to pick up that Dorito that fell but it's a challenge because they have to simultaneously balance a full bag of PERFECTLY CLEAN DORITOS that they will likely not be able to finish. Wha?:noway:
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm not fast enough to get my food if I happen to drop it. My two goldens and my lab are there in a flash eating it. Probably before it actually hits the ground.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Yeah what I can't get past is when I see someone doing this and bending to pick up that Dorito that fell but it's a challenge because they have to simultaneously balance a full bag of PERFECTLY CLEAN DORITOS that they will likely not be able to finish. Wha?:noway:

My wife was holding the bag, so odds were that dropped Dorito was the only one I was going to get.