Clothing brands.. which are your 'go to' favourites?

Options

Replies

• chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    Options
    Most of my closet is from LOFT or New York and Company. I wear jeans and semi-casual shirts to work every day, so those brands have a lot of easy-to-wear clothes appropriate for my day-to-day.

Calvin Klein has slowly been creeping into my closet. I've found a brand called YEST that I can get at a local boutique, and I love it. Other than that, IDK what the brands are, I just buy pretty things.

Shoes are a different story. If I stumble across a deal on a name brand, it's mine. Some of my favorites in my closet:
    -Badgley Mischka ($200 retail, bought for $50)
    -Paul Andrew ($1200 retail, bought for $100)
    -Sergio Rossi ($830 and $1350 retail, bought each for $100)
    -Rene Caovilla (glittery silver soles - take that Louboutin!)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love clothes that fit my frame and will last for awhile so I don't mind spending a bit of money. That said

Workout:
    Under Armour
    Nike

Regular clothes:
    True religion (jeans fit great especially with my long legs)
    Free People
    Michael Kors (Love their tops and dresses)

Purses/Shoes

My weakness and they are designer which I'd rather not list.

• PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    If it fits and looks good who gives a *kitten* who made it.. Just my 2c
  • 888Butterfly888
    888Butterfly888 Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    For pants I just wear all black pants everyday. I get them from Ulla Popken.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    No specific brand but do have a couple.. I am not a foo foo girl.. So I stick to basic American Eagle jeans, teva flip flops, workout workout gear that fits (any thing), and my ankle boots in the winter..

I work at home so my clothes are all casual to PJ's... LOL
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Goddamn it, I almost sweettalked that fitness chick into knitting me a jumper and now the thread is gone :'(

I almost talked someone into knitting me a vicuna scarf and wound up empty handed too.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I stick to H&M, Express, and TJ Maxx mostly. Sometimes Forever21, their contemporary line because it's usually less hooch. I love to online shop so I usually will order a huge lot at once and go through it all at home and try it on with stuff I already have, then send back what doesn't work. Saves me so much time.
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    BP1116GEAR_baselayers_MyPackage_750x400.jpg
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    Why? The MyPakage First Layer’s signature feature is a “keyhole” pouch built to cradle a man’s, er, package, preventing overheating, reducing chafing, and eliminating the need for constant adjustments. “Super-comfortable, and kept things from getting too muggy down there,” reports one tester. A seamless panel in the crotch eliminates rubbing, and four-way stretch ensures the pants moved with testers for everything from ski-touring to fatbiking.

http://www.backpacker.com/gear/apparel/baselayer/mypakage-first-layer-pant-pro/
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I dont have a brand preference for workout clothes, but I am obsessed with Calvin Klein for work. It's like their sheath dresses were made just for me, I have yet to meet one I didn't like. I also love Lucky jeans because they are so much softer and more comfortable than other jeans I've worn, without looking like jeggings.
  • NorthCascades
    edited November 2016
    Options
    sleepbag_4.jpg
  • xDesertxRatx
    xDesertxRatx Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Am on old skateborder free spirrited type of guy so dress very casual.

Brands for me usually are: Animal, Vans, Billabong, Quicksilver, Element, VolCom, Etnes, Dude, Toms, North Face and any other outdoor type stuff.
  • antoniy2409
    antoniy2409 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    For workout, i go with the cheapest possible like Old Navy, Reebok, free tank tops when I buy my sups.

Otherwise my go to brands are Diesel, John Varvatos.
  • edena001
    edena001 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Current obsession is Hollister, simply cause they do so many v cut tops which are slightly baggy, so perfect for the gym without feeling like a 12 year old in a t shirt !

Liking the Victoria Secret Pink range, for work out clothes, and super cute socks!

got a lot from Jack wills and Asos but I'll buy what I like, just cause it doesn't have a label won't stop me buying it
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Clearance jlo at kohls Vera and isac qvx dana buck an
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I want to write up my go to brands, but it's pointless. Most of them are unheard of in the United States.

But I am very particular about seeing "Made in England" in my clothes :D Out and out anglophile.

Thomas Pink has started manufacturing in Morocco and Indonesia and it's giving me the heartburn. As soon as that stupid effing Mugatu company took over TP, they are starting to manufacture items in sweatshops outside of western Europe.

I absolutely hate wearing clothes that were made in China or even India, unless it's local grown. American companies have zero oversight and all that *kitten* that hits Gap or Kohls or Banana R are made by workers who live in terrible conditions and make 100 shirts a day without food.

I hate using the iPhone too but I have no choice.

When I go to Brooks Brothers I hand pick items either made in Italy or the United States. Their black fleece line is mostly made at home.

I hear you but... I just can't afford $30+ for a shirt. Just not happening. Especially with kids, a cat, and a dog, which mean stains (some of them mine - I'm clumsy too) and rips.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I want to write up my go to brands, but it's pointless. Most of them are unheard of in the United States.

But I am very particular about seeing "Made in England" in my clothes :D Out and out anglophile.

Thomas Pink has started manufacturing in Morocco and Indonesia and it's giving me the heartburn. As soon as that stupid effing Mugatu company took over TP, they are starting to manufacture items in sweatshops outside of western Europe.

I absolutely hate wearing clothes that were made in China or even India, unless it's local grown. American companies have zero oversight and all that *kitten* that hits Gap or Kohls or Banana R are made by workers who live in terrible conditions and make 100 shirts a day without food.

I hate using the iPhone too but I have no choice.

When I go to Brooks Brothers I hand pick items either made in Italy or the United States. Their black fleece line is mostly made at home.

I hear you but... I just can't afford $30+ for a shirt. Just not happening. Especially with kids, a cat, and a dog, which mean stains (some of them mine - I'm clumsy too) and rips.
    Where's the husband?

He doesn't typically destroy my clothes, lol.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    under armour because I have had skin cancer twice and its fabric is designed to stop harmful rays. I'm allergic to lotion so have to use a baby sun screen and only lightly apply it. I also like them because I can buy a new shirt on ebay for $30-35 and sell it a year later for $25-$30 as used so it basically costs me about $50 a year (10 different shirts) to dress and I can normally make that up in shipping charges.