Options
ladyj22
ladyj22 Posts: 146 Member
How do you do it? Did you have success?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I don't, I think it is too complicating. I eat what I like but stay within my calorie goal. I have been maintaining my weight for a year.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/top-5-facts-you-should-know-about-carb-cycling-and-fat-loss.html
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @queenliz99 provides a link on how. What you need to ask yourself is why...why would "I" follow this diet protocol?

Will it work? Assuming it creates a calorie deficit (if your goal is to lose weight), then yes, just like any other diet. If it created a calorie surplus, you would gain weight, just like any other diet.

Can I adhere to this diet protocol due to the added complexity? Adherence is key. You can have the greatest optimized diet (same goes for training) protocol known to science, but if you cannot follow it, it is useless to "you". Better to follow something you can adhere to.

Assuming I can adhere to it and I am training, will it have benefit? Yes, but to a minor degree. To a professional athlete where they are trying to address every possible detail to make their performance better and their efforts might dictate between 1st place or 2nd, then yes, the benefit is greater. To a normal "gym goer", then the benefit is still greater than zero, but within context, still might not be worth the added complexity it creates for the benefit it returns.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I do it more or less naturally. I eat vegetarian about 3 days per week, sometimes 4...those days tend to be higher carb days. What do you mean by "success". I'm in maintenance and like I said, I do this naturally...it doesn't really have anything in and of itself to do with weight loss. Consuming less energy than you require to maintain the status quot is where weight loss happens.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    eat a butterfinger on training days stay at Maintanance the other days
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I only carb cycle under 10%
    It's not particularly fun but I
    Find it necessary to get to
    7-8%
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Some days I eat low carbs, some days I eat more carbs. That's pretty much it.

Unless you using it as a tool to get extremely lean or to increase sports performance, it is just another way to help with adherence.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I do it, for two reasons that play into each other.

1: I don't like carby food. I never have, even when I was a kid.
    2: the body performs like *kitten* in high intensity weight training without carbs.

Therefore, 1+2=CKD. Makes it much easier on me to know that I only have to eat that *kitten* one day out of the week.