New goals

Options
Hi everyone!! I am not new here but have been away for a while due to a coach that has been training me. I am now on my own and creating new workout plans and my own meal plans. Currently on reverse dieting. Love talking about foods and meals preps. Hit me up for questions suggestion or just to talk about this. Have a great day everyone.

Replies

• roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    What is reverse dieting?
  • fit4life305
    fit4life305 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Reverse dieting is when you have been dieting for a while and have reached your goal and start introducing macros back I to your meal. So it's just what it sounds like. When you diet you drop macros so reverse is slowly the opposite to avoids fat gain.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    What is reverse dieting?

Reverse dieting is when you slowly bring your calories back up to maintenance level after having been on a diet. You do this when you reach your goal weight. Slowly increasing gives your metabolism a chance to come back at the same rate as calories increase. When you are in a caloric deficit for a while your metabolism slows down, so if you start eating at maintenance calories straight from a deficit you could have rebound weight gain since it takes time for the metabolism to adjust and speed back up. Reverse dieting helps prevent rebound weight gain after you finish dieting.