How to mantain a diet

Options
Hey guys! I never believed in dieting for weight loss. I always thought that everyone's way of eating is the diet they choose.
Although, now I am trying to change my habits to healthier ones for good and I need some tips on how to mantain the diet I am choosing and how do I make it work for long?

Any tips or ideas/suggestions would be helpful!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Dieting is just eating less than you burn so you lose weight and you need to do that to lose weight. A diet is the way/foods a person eats.

To be able to stick to your chosen diet, choose/compose a diet that is 1) conductive to good health and 2) something you like.
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    eat the calories given by MFP. Make sure you eat enough protien and lots of vegetables. Log everything. Add some exercise. Be consistent and weight will come off.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Although, now I am trying to change my habits to healthier ones for good and I need some tips on how to mantain the diet I am choosing and how do I make it work for long?

Everyone has different challenges. What do you think are you biggest issues with being consistent? Too busy to prepare foods? A lack of a plan? Binging? Something else? :+1:
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    My tip for maintaining the diet/way-of-eating you choose: choose something you genuinely enjoy. Update it as your tastes/preferences change.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What "diet" are you choosing? What are your goals? Have you entered your stats in MFP along with a reasonable rate of loss target and let it calculate a calorie target for you?
  • Cbestinme
    Cbestinme Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Your diet is the foods you choose to eat. To learn new habits you would keep practicing daily. What are the habits that you are trying to change?
  • applesandtapeline
    applesandtapeline Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good that you have chosen to change your eating habits, I can only hope these habits will benefit your health and overall well-being. Therefore, a reason to maintain your diet.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    If you're just trying to tweak so that you can include more whole foods/veg/fruit then the easiest way is to just do something small every so often to create a new habit. Add a new veg to each meal. Switch out say a cereal bar or chips for fruit or a handful of nuts as a snack.

It really does depend on what you want to change and why.