Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

How's your lifting going?

Options
ok so I haven't seen a lost like this so if there is I apologize. I'm just curious as to how everyone's lifting stats are. Do you feel good, weak, strong. So post your current body weight and then the weight you do on each exercise in the 4-6 rep range not max.

here's mine:

Currently 245lbs 6 foot tall

Barbell Bench - 225lb
Shoulder press Dumbbells- 70lb DBs
Lat Pull down - 225lb
Curls Dumbbells- 50lb DBs
Tricep rope push down - 140lbs
Deadlifts- 225lbs (very weak due to hip injury)
barbell Squat- 205lbs (also weak due to hip injury)
Dumbbell Shrugs- 125lb Dumbbells

overall I feel ok, but kinda weak for my size. I don't feel I've plateaued but not making the progress I've been going for. Can't stop, won't stop.

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    6'0 198lb

Bench: 235x4 But I'm stronger now.
    Squat: 225x12 Not sure of 4-6rm
    Deadlift: 365x8 These were speed pulls. Est: around low 400s for 4-6rm.
    OHP: 150x5
    DB curls: 80s x5 each arm
    Weighted dips: 90x12
    Weighted pull ups: 90x4
    Barbell row: 225x14

I'm on the 531 powerlifting program.

• waffles_tasty_waffles
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    6'0 198lb

excellent work @ROBOTFOOD

I have been lifting a lot in the "hypertrophy" range of 8-12 lifts recently I changed and have been lifting with a little more speed during the lifts and keeping reps in what some call the "power" range 3-5 reps. I am also about to start a cutting cycle as well, I need to cut some body fat and also clean up my diet. thanks for the reply homie.
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I'm happy to just sit here and watch you both talk about how awesome and strong you are :love:
  • ROBOTFOOD
    edited October 2016
    Options
    6'0 198lb

I have been lifting a lot in the "hypertrophy" range of 8-12 lifts recently I changed and have been lifting with a little more speed during the lifts and keeping reps in what some call the "power" range 3-5 reps. I am also about to start a cutting cycle as well, I need to cut some body fat and also clean up my diet. thanks for the reply homie.

Thanks man! I'm currently bulking. Been a while. Trying to hit 210 but it's a fight. I post most of my lifting on IG @ robotfood123
    I also lift a lot of random stuff at the gym. But I do the main lifts at my rack in my yard. No plans to compete right now. Just trying to build as much strength as possible.
  • waffles_tasty_waffles
    Options
    6'0 198lb

Thanks man! I'm currently bulking. Been a while. Trying to hit 210 but it's a fight. I post most of my lifting on IG @ robotfood123
    I also lift a lot of random stuff at the gym. But I do the main lifts at my rack in my yard. No plans to compete right now. Just trying to build as much strength as possible.

Excellent homie. you mind if I scout you in IG? I post my stuff on IG as well. I was working out at the fitness room in my apartment community kinda outgrew that so went back to the gym life. yeah I want to get stronger and not lose much strength and muscle during this cut so I need to see a buddy of mine who does a lot of cutting cycles for guys in the UFC, and helped a lot of my teammates and I make weight before our fights. he's a mad scientist with that stuff but it works so well. keep up the work playa.

• ROBOTFOOD
    Options
    6'0 198lb

Excellent homie. you mind if I scout you in IG? I post my stuff on IG as well. I was working out at the fitness room in my apartment community kinda outgrew that so went back to the gym life. yeah I want to get stronger and not lose much strength and muscle during this cut so I need to see a buddy of mine who does a lot of cutting cycles for guys in the UFC, and helped a lot of my teammates and I make weight before our fights. he's a mad scientist with that stuff but it works so well. keep up the work playa.

Ya man! Follow or whatever. I'm pretty active on there. I'll follow back if you want.
  • waffles_tasty_waffles
    Options
    @ROBOTFOOD aight cuz, I'll hit you there in about 2-4 minutes. and yeah follow back if ya want. I keep my circle small because most people irritate me and I'm a picky *kitten*. Anyone who dips with multiple plates makes the cut tho for sure. lol
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I can do a whole bunch of bicep curls with my 7 lb dumbbells.
    My shoulders are weak so often I just use 5 lb for those.
    I'm not really a squats kinda gal.
    I guess I'm not much of a lifter either.

You guys seem to be doing awesome.
  • sw33tp3a_1
    sw33tp3a_1 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I want to get into lifting but I need a partner and I don't have one. I can do a lot of things with my 5 lb dumbbell though lol
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    5'4"
    Currently a bit fat...145ish :(
    Deadlift is around 260
    Squat around 215
    Bench around 105
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    5'5" 146lbs (10.4% Bodyfat)

(5rep sets)
    Barbell Bench - 195lbs
    Shoulder press Dumbbells- 65lb DBs
    Weighted Pull-Ups - Bodyweight +25lb plate
    Dumbbell Bicep Curls- 55lb DBs
    Weighted Tricep Dips - Bodyweight +50lb plate
    Deadlift- 315lbs
    Barbell Squat- 295lbs
    Barbell Shrugs- 315lbs

People say I'm incredibly strong for my size and age (45) but I don't feel like it
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I don't do some of the lifts you mentioned. Other stats:

Bench - 160
    Shoulder press 80
    Inner thigh machine 100
    Flexibility machine - beyond max setting of 110%
    Full splits both legs leading
    Push ups while in full back bend
    Vertical leap - step + six levels of risers
  • waffles_tasty_waffles
    Options
    everyone that's posted is doing an excellent job. my lifting today felt pretty good actually. but kinda have a stiff neck now for some stupid reason. I started a new routine today keeping my calories moderate lifting in the 3-5 rep range and doing cardio 5-6 days a week. want to cut some of the BF.
  • Notthegirl4u
    Notthegirl4u Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    5' 150 lbs

Barbell Bench - 135 lb
    Shoulder press Dumbbells- 35 lb dbs
    Lat Pull down - 100 lb
    Curls Dumbbells- 25 lb dbs
    Tricep rope push down - 70 lbs
    Deadlifts- 110 lbs
    barbell Squat- 135 lbs
    Dumbbell Shrugs- 45 lb dbs