Anyone else??

Options
Does anyone else find that they have less of an apitite on cardio day? I find myself eating almost less that 1000 calories on cardio day and on strength days im more hungry

Replies

• vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    I get the same way. On days I would run long distances, I would have to force myself to eat. Weight lifting days I could eat the entire fridge.

If you have trouble meeting calories, start looking for more calorie dense foods on cardio days like nuts, peanut butter, avocados, etc. Still maintaining a intake of 1200+ cals is important to fuel these workouts.
  • TomKershawUK
    TomKershawUK Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I found that doing cardio in the gym increased my appetite, not so much strength training. However, since I've been stricter with food intake my cardio exercise has been outdoors rather in the gym for the most part, so not a straightforward comparison...
  • melted_
    melted_ Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    I get the same way. On days I would run long distances, I would have to force myself to eat. Weight lifting days I could eat the entire fridge.

If you have trouble meeting calories, start looking for more calorie dense foods on cardio days like nuts, peanut butter, avocados, etc. Still maintaining a intake of 1200+ cals is important to fuel these workouts.

I always have to eat breakfast and dinner before running or i just wont eat
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope, I always get rungry!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Oh my no.. I am not hungry right after, but that does not last long, put food in my mouth and stomach reacts nicely...