Here's to the small NSVs

Options
kaned_ferret
kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
Tonight I jumped on my cross trainer, and planned to do 25 minutes.

10 minutes in, I was feeling good. At 12 and a half I was half way and happy. By 15 minutes I was painfully counting the seconds, and decided I would do a 20 minute session rather than the originally planned 25.

The last minute, I sped it up for a final push.. then kept going all the way to my 25 minute goal. I don't know why, but it just seemed so important to make it - and I did.

So here's to everyone that makes themselves go that little further - be it 5 minutes, or one more rep, it is definitely worth it on the journey.

Anyone else want to share their small NSVs?

Replies

• athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    That's great! It's all the little things that add up! :)

I wore shorts for the first time in public a couple weeks ago. Fitness related NSV... I can do 1 pushup now.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on pushing through to the end!

I guess my most recent NSV was staying on track through a recent family crisis. Time spent at hospital meant little to no exercise and erratic eating patterns and food choices. But I did not give in to emotional eating and I got back on track when the crisis was over. That might not sound like much, but getting back to regular exercise after several days off has always been my downfall in the past, so I definitely consider it an NSV.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I take the stairs at work every day.
  • carrieanthony
    carrieanthony Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have not missed one day at the gym that wasn't planned since I started two months ago. Five days a week without fail at 4:30 every morning.

I can now wear a NORMAL SIZE and not a 1x or 2x.

I have an ARM MUSCLE!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!