Helpful tips to loose weight if ur 204 lbs with health issues

Options
Help me out with tips what to eat and not eat or drink just need motovated to loose this 86 lbs so i can be 125 lbs

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,362 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It isn't so much about what you should or should not eat, it is more about paying attention to how much. When what you burn in a day exceeds what you eat, you are on your way to losing. 3500 calories = 1 lb. So, in a week, if you cut that many calories out, you should lose 1 lb. Losing more than 2 lbs per week is generally not considered healthy or sustainable.

That said, sugared pop is probably not your friend. Any sugary beverage. I don't advocate for diet, though I drink it occasionally, because we would all just be better off w/o soda pop.

If you start counting calories, you'll probably be surprised at how many you're eating. I was.

If you eat meat, aim for leaner cuts--and stick to a serving which is generally 4 ounces (think about a deck of cards...that's about 4 oz).

Eat veggies (fresh or frozen are better than canned...always. Canned veg turn people against veggies!).

Eat fruit (the fresh kind! None of that fruit in syrup cr...)

Go for whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat, unless you've got a gluten problem, rolled/steel cut/groats oats, quinoa, etc) rather than super processed (they're more filling).

Find good ways to eat beans. Ignore the bean jokes. If you incorporate beans in your diet consistently, you body gets accustomed to them and the problem decreases.

Fried food is typically high in calories and...well, rarely super nutritious (but boy is it tasty...mmm...fried cauliflower).

Figure out ways to eat the things you love AND not go over the calorie goals you set. Don't be too hard on yourself if you go over once in a while. If it happens a lot, reevalute.

Walk. Get exercise. They (not sure who they are or why they can tell us what to do...but there you go) say 30 minutes a day of exercise is what we should do. Personally, I'm not a big fan of exercise...but going for walks with my husband or a friend is okay. You'll see people on here who are all, Woot! 10 miles of running! 10 to go! Or Grr! I lifted a car today!...that's not for me...but find something you like. Some people swear by calesthenics...blech. also not me (possibly why I'm on here trying to lose weight). Find something you like. Do it often.
  • micayla75
    micayla75 Posts: 219 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    What she said! ^^^

I have a similar amount to lose, so I'm right there with you.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit