Lunch box ideas please

Options
Mrsp2014
Mrsp2014 Posts: 18 Member
Hi guys I always struggle with lunchtime I work full time and would appreciate some tips for healthy low calorie packed lunches I can take to work .

Replies

• leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Pita pocket stuffed with lettuce, tomato, onions, 1/2 avocado, hummus, cucumbers
    Any low calorie dressing on the side to pour on

I don't eat meat but you can add chicken.

This is my go to when I need a packed lunch.
  • Mrsp2014
    Options
    Mmmmm that sounds lush thank you do you toast the pitta ???
  • leanjogreen18
    Options
    Not for a packed lunch but if I'm eating it at home yes. I don't see why you couldn't do it though.
  • leanjogreen18
    Options
    my other go to if there will be refrigeration (like work) is a tuna salad however you like it (i like vegan mayo,mustard, red onion & dill relish) and pack a whole avocado.

When ready to eat cut the avocado in half and scoop in tuna salad into/onto each half of avocado. One of my favorite all time ways to eat tuna salad. ok I'm getting hungry:)

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Mrsp2014 wrote: »
    Hi guys I always struggle with lunchtime I work full time and would appreciate some tips for healthy low calorie packed lunches I can take to work .

Do you have access to a fridge and/or a microwave at work?
  • Mrsp2014
    Options
    Yes both thank goodness
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I like making a mixed vegetable salad (usually without lettuce, so that makes it more of a marinated vegetable dish) with some protein added (meat, fish, cheese).
    Or I have left-overs from the night before, concentrating on the protein and veggies only.
    Add a piece of fruit and it can be quite filling.

Lettuce wraps are also a good option, with tomatoe slices and either tuna or egg salad made with mashed avocado instead of mayo.
  • Charis50
    Charis50 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Because I like fresh greens (mesclun, spinach, kale), I like to make jar salads. Here's the method--you can use whatever protein, veg, dressing you like:

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-pack-the-perfect-salad-in-a-jar-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-192174

• tbramos07
    tbramos07 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If your looking for easy, here's one of my favorites. I cook a bag of chicken breast for a few days, and throw in a sweet potato in my lunch bag. When it's time for lunch I put the sweet potato in the microwave for about 3 minutes, heat up the chicken, and there's a simple low calorie healthy meal!!
  • Mrsp2014
    Options
    Mmmmmm can't wait to go shopping :)