Lunch box ideas

Options
Hi guys I always struggle with lunchtime I work full time and would appreciate some tips for healthy low calorie packed lunches I can take to work .

Replies

• hollycarpenter21
    hollycarpenter21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My favorite lunches for work/school....
    1. Beans and rice (sometimes with chicken).
    2. Whole grain pita pocket stuffed with veggies, turkey, cheese and hummus.
    3. Pretzels/Veggies and hummus.
    4. Cheese, Pepperoni, and pretzel crisps or crackers.
    5. Soups
    6. Chicken salad
    7. Green salad topped with mandarían oranges.
    8. Whole grain pasta with sautaaed broccoli, onions, and red bell peppers.

*I always pack a fruit or veggie with my meal.
    *All whole grain.
    *Choose lean meats.

Tips!
    You can buy portion cups at your local Walmart, TJMaxx etc., they really helped me to eat the right amounts of foods!
    Ask yourself before you snack "Am I really hungry?", you may just be dehydrated or bored. People tend to eat when they have nothing better to do which adds on unnessicary calories.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Time to pimp the Bento thread. :D

The thread is pretty much about boxed lunches and how to prep and store food to make it quick, ranging in ones from about 300Cal up to 550Cal each, with a side of nerdy humour.
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I keep a fork, a big salad bowl & some dressing in my office. I take bags of greens & veggies. On the weekends I either roast a chicken or get a rotisserie chicken at the store and take all the meat off the bone and weigh and freeze 4 oz portions. Sometimes I will open a can of chickpeas or beans and portion out in baggies & freeze for my salads

sometimes I have leftovers but I have my big salad several times a week.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I pack a huge salad just about every day. Because I don't have access to a fridge, I use an insulated lunch bag and a plastic container with a good snap lid. It's not ice cold, but I'm fine with the temperature that the insulation provides.

I also tend to build my salads around cole slaw mix, napa cabbage, spinach, and broccoli slaw rather than lettuces because they hold up better without refrigeration.