Back at it. . . The Whole 30?

Options
Hey There.

I am FINALLY back at it again. I used to be a long distance runner and would train 4 times a week with my sister who was a D1 athlete for Stanford. I was 140lb 36-30-39. I've since moved to the Midwest where I didn't make it past the first winter. I also left my mostly raw San Francisco diet, for a hardy midwest diet.
It took about a year to pack on a whopping 30 lbs. My mile has dropped from an average 9 to a 13, my stamina is low, and I've noticed my moods are on a pendulum and I actually empathize with friends and most importantly my fiancé and family.
It's been hard to motivate myself to just do something that USED to be simply how I lived. But here we are. A few days away from embarking on THE WHOLE 30.

Replies

• midsummer174627
    midsummer174627 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Whole 30 in November, too, but only up until 11/23. Then I might go back to it after Thanksgiving but there's no way I'm sticking with it through that. I basically just have gotten stuck and I KNOW a lot of it is that I don't eat enough veggies. I don't necessarily buy into it that you can't eat beans but you CAN have as much meat as you want (and how exactly is something that comes out of the ground not "whole food"?), but I'm willing to believe that certain things are hard for me to digest and I'll just stick with local meat. Bottom line: it's a trick to get myself to eat more veggies.

Anyway, good luck and feel free to send a friend request.