Weight loss plateau, workout and eating back calories

Options
Hey all. I have been in a consistent weight loss plateau for most of he last year (lost 25 lbs in 2015 and kept it off/toned up). This also coincided with starting thyroid medications that helped regulate my energy and metabolism. Lately I find myself working out frequently (4-5x a week, a mix of yoga, cardio kickboxing, cycling, walking, anything to get me moving really). I log my exercise separate and put myself at "sedentary" activity in MFP. I just have no motivation or discipline to eat as well as I would like (though I typically don't go over my calories after factoring in exercise). What can help jumpstart a weight loss and bring up motivation? Should I scale back on exercise and focus more or diet? For reference, I am 5'11 1/2, hovering between 180-182 lbs, size 10, female.

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You need to buy a food scale.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    It is not a one year plateau. You have been eating at your maintenance. It is not a matter of jump starting anything, you need to eat less calories.
  • applesandtapeline
    applesandtapeline Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Do pay more attention to your nutrition, cal deficit will bring you some weight loss and on this point I would suggest to spend more time weight training. More muscle will benefit you greatly overall.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    aggelikik wrote: »
    It is not a one year plateau. You have been eating at your maintenance. It is not a matter of jump starting anything, you need to eat less calories.

This
  • jessicaconine
    jessicaconine Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I know it's that simple, I will lol into a food scale (I have one but not sure how accurate it is).