Eating alot.

Options
Gee don't know if I'm doing this right but 3500 calories a day is alot to eat to get to 85kgs lean .? Am I doing this right? I'm 180cm tall current weight is 81kgs ??? Confused.

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    You are 6' and 178 lbs, trying to gain weight? 3500 does not look crazy to me but how much are you trying to gain per week.

I'm a 5'6" woman and maintain a 30 lb lighter weight at around 2300. You are a male with more muscle mass who is a half foot taller and trying to gain weight.

Have you ever counted calories while maintaining your weight?
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Generally speaking, the greater the caloric surplus, the greater the potential to add body fat (e.g. a "dirty bulk"). A lot of it depends on how many calories you're burning, how hard you're lifting and genetics, but 3,500 calories is probably inching into the dirty bulk category.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Yes and its a Pain in the *kitten* some days to hit 3500 calories but if you train hard you have to get there everyday
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    kwtilbury wrote: »
    Generally speaking, the greater the caloric surplus, the greater the potential to add body fat (e.g. a "dirty bulk"). A lot of it depends on how many calories you're burning, how hard you're lifting and genetics, but 3,500 calories is probably inching into the dirty bulk category.

You have no idea what his TDEE is so how can you possibly comment on this?
  • dusancanin63
    dusancanin63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cool thank you peps for your input.
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options

Dude, it's as if you're BRIMMING with aggression in your everyday life and coming on these threads is the only chance you get to release some of it
  • dusancanin63
    Options
    What dose TDEE MEAN ?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    What dose TDEE MEAN ?

The total energy your body burns doing everything (keeping your body alive, daily chores, work, nonexercise activities, exercise activities..etc).

Basically it's the amount of calories needed to keep your weight stable at a certain activity level. In other words, it's the number MFP tries to estimate if you choose the "maintain weight" option.

The reason people usually want to know their TDEE because to gain weight they need to eat more calories than that number, and to lose weight they need to eat fewer calories than that number.
  • dusancanin63
    Options
    Thank you so much for your information, its so helpful when someone helps others to understand more about nutrition.
    Much appreciated
  • traceyroy54
    traceyroy54 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 1200 cals now 1900, so much better than 12,00 it's like starving yourself. Eating more you do lose weight, eat better you can do it.
  • traceyroy54
    traceyroy54 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Typo 12,00 1,200, sorry.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options

Dude, it's as if you're BRIMMING with aggression in your everyday life and coming on these threads is the only chance you get to release some of it

Ok thanks. Your comment was based on zero facts.