Tracking, but not starting

Options
Hey all! I just signed up yesterday, on a whim and a suggestion, but not until after I had eaten lunch, I'm trying to be good today, but as far as a routine and getting started I won't officialy start until Monday.

Anyway, my name is Michelle and I just had my third baby, a girl, in mid-April. I also have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I have been marred for 5 years. When I met my husband I was oh about 160 and a size 10-12. Fast forward 7 years and I am now 220 and a size 20 to 22. When I got pregnant with my first I weighed 190, after I had him I got back down to about 210 - 215, and then I got pregnant with my first daughter. I didn't gain much and ended up getting back down to 185!! But then it all went out the door as soon as my husband deployed and my long hours got to me and I started eating junk again. I was back up to about 215 when I got pregnant the last time and ended up gaining 40+ lbs! I am down to 220 now, but obviously need to keep going. I will be doing some Couch 2 5K (I hope) and possibly a fitness boot camp. I know I eat junk, but I also don't exercise enough. I am hoping if I stick to both eating better and exercising more I will get down to my healthy weight of 150.

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! Welcome!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Use your own needs for healthy food as a way to have your children grow up with healthy food. People think that little kids won't eat healthy food. Little kids will if that is what they are exposed to.

I have four kids myself and three of them are super skinny and very active. Over the years, I found it was just better to make them the same "healthy" stuff I was having and just butter/olive oil/full fat it up for them.

For example, I make red beans and brown rice. Mine gets seasoned with Mrs Dash. Theirs gets seasoned with Mrs Dash plus olive oil.

I have a baked potato with veggie chilli. They have baked potatoes with a little bit of veggie chile and a fair bit of cheese.

I have Stoneyfield low fat vanilla with strawberries. They have Stoneyfield full fat vanilla with strawberries in sugar sauce.

I have skim milk, they have whole or 2 percent.

Kids don't need Micky D's, french fries, and chicken fingers. They need the same quality nutrition that you do. Just when they are super little like your three, you need to add a dollup of quality fats.

Get rid of the junk. You don't need it and neither do the little ones.

Good luck!
  • spob
    spob Posts: 206
    Options
    Good for you, remember every journey starts with the first step! Welcome and congrats on the birth of your babe and starting your diet journey
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Welcome Michelle! I am sure you will love it here, lots of support! :flowerforyou:
  • LeahSylina
    LeahSylina Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome over here Michelle! :-D