What does your 1200 cal day look like?

2»

Replies

• 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    I appreciate you all sharing your daily meals. Thank you :)
  • grazer432
    grazer432 Posts: 33 Member
    When I count I usually fall somewhere between 1200 and 1800. A 1200 day might look like:
    No breakfast (I haven't eaten breakfast in years, I don't feel hungry in the mornings)
    Lunch: Four small devilled eggs (300 cals) with mixed salad (150 cals) and grapes (50)
    Dinner: Roast chicken thigh and drumstick (300 cals) with roasted root veggies in butter (250 cals) and green veggies (50 cals)
    Post-dinner snack: Chocolate (100 cals)
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    OP if you struggle to eat 1200 calories how did you get into a situation where you need to lose weight?

If you are finding it difficult to eat that much it is because you are making it difficult to eat that much based on what you are choosing to eat. So choose something else.

I read the OP as saying that he/she would have that much for one meal, not that they can't reach it.

wait...what the...I swear I posted that on a different post. Yeah, doesn't apply here...not sure how that happened.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    OP if you struggle to eat 1200 calories how did you get into a situation where you need to lose weight?

If you are finding it difficult to eat that much it is because you are making it difficult to eat that much based on what you are choosing to eat. So choose something else.

I read the OP as saying that he/she would have that much for one meal, not that they can't reach it.

wait...what the...I swear I posted that on a different post. Yeah, doesn't apply here...not sure how that happened.
    I wasn't sure if I'd misread it once I read your post - thankfully the OP came back to confirm whilst I was typing!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Yeah I meant to post that on "Finding it hard to reach calorie goal?" post, somehow I misclicked I guess.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    When I was on 1200 calories it went something like this.

Breakfast: egg-and-turkey-bacon sandwich on a light English muffin with Laughing Cow or avocado, coffee with 1Tbsp creamer OR cottage cheese/Greek yogurt with berries, same coffee -- 250-300kcal.

Lunch: turkey sandwich with thin cheddar slice on a sandwich thin, baby carrots, tomato slices OR tuna, tomatoes, and avocado on a bed of greens with yogurt dressing -- 250-300kcal.

Snacks: small piece of fruit OR 100-calorie pack of cocoa almonds OR stick of string cheese -- 50 to 100kcal.

Dinner: 4-6oz chicken breast or pork (baked, braised, or pan-grilled), tons of steamed broccoli w/ICBINB spray OR same proteins stir-fried with ginger, low-sodium soy sauce, garlic, etc. and tons of mixed vegetables -- 300-350kcal.

Bedtime snack, if having: popchips with salsa (140kcal) OR carrots and guacamole (ditto), etc.

I play with my calories on a weekly basis; I often skip breakfast and one or both snacks. I "bank" those calories for the weekend, when I'll have a good deal of alcohol one night or a big meal out. If I'm not physically hungry for a meal I skip it, too; on days when I do that, I generally apply those calories to a beer or cocktail with dinner.
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Lolalikeslolagets Posts: 142 Member

I wasn't sure if I'd misread it once I read your post - thankfully the OP came back to confirm whilst I was typing!

Yup I'm a pig..! But I did it today! First time just over 1200 cal and I'm not starving or snacking like crazy... and worked out for an hour.. and 10,000 steps! I think I can actually do this, now to keep it up.
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    avskk wrote: »
    When I was on 1200 calories it went something like this.

Breakfast: egg-and-turkey-bacon sandwich on a light English muffin with Laughing Cow or avocado, coffee with 1Tbsp creamer OR cottage cheese/Greek yogurt with berries, same coffee -- 250-300kcal.

Lunch: turkey sandwich with thin cheddar slice on a sandwich thin, baby carrots, tomato slices OR tuna, tomatoes, and avocado on a bed of greens with yogurt dressing -- 250-300kcal.

Snacks: small piece of fruit OR 100-calorie pack of cocoa almonds OR stick of string cheese -- 50 to 100kcal.

Dinner: 4-6oz chicken breast or pork (baked, braised, or pan-grilled), tons of steamed broccoli w/ICBINB spray OR same proteins stir-fried with ginger, low-sodium soy sauce, garlic, etc. and tons of mixed vegetables -- 300-350kcal.

Bedtime snack, if having: popchips with salsa (140kcal) OR carrots and guacamole (ditto), etc.

I play with my calories on a weekly basis; I often skip breakfast and one or both snacks. I "bank" those calories for the weekend, when I'll have a good deal of alcohol one night or a big meal out. If I'm not physically hungry for a meal I skip it, too; on days when I do that, I generally apply those calories to a beer or cocktail with dinner.

I think this is the approach I need also.. thanks for sharing
  • Lolalikeslolagets
    Definetley helps reading all your replies. This whole community thing is really good!
  • cjoy1022
    cjoy1022 Posts: 19 Member
    No breakfast