BMR+ calorie targets

Options
xojox
xojox Posts: 187 Member
I know this question has been asked several times, but i'm sorry i just don't get it!!??

My BMR is roughly 1700 on here which is basically saying that if i ate 1600 calories and lay in bed all day i'd lose weight?

However my recommended daily allowance is 1200, if i want to lose 1 - 2lb a week.

How does this work? How much should i be eating? Someone please explain in the simplest terms possible :noway:

Replies

• misc02u
    misc02u Posts: 25
    Options
    One pound is equal to 3500 calories. So if you only have a 100 calorie deficit per day it would take you 35 days to loose 1 pound. So if your BMR is 1700 & you eat 1200 you would loose about 1 pound a week. 500 calore defict per day times 7 days=3500 calories.
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    It bases it on 1000 calories below you daily calorie needs for 2lbs of loss per week. -7000 calories is supposed to equate to 2lbs lost. This number is calculated when you first sign up and includes the level of activity that you entered. If you want to see this number go to My home>>Goals>> Custom: manually enter goals. You will see the number as Calories burned from normal daily activity. They are basing this off of BMR + your listed activity.