Why not reward yourself with food?

Options
124»

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I had a dog that would find deer poo in the woods and roll in it.
    When I was walking him I had to be quick to pull him away when I noticed that he braced himself for a roll.
    He would walk back to the house very proudly afterwards. He was not happy about the bath he promptly got....
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    EricaH7 wrote: »
    Also here is a picture of my adorable pooch!

ev6qmdply71t.jpg

Love your pooch! Looks like what mine wants to grow up to be.

jsdp49.jpg
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    cabwj wrote: »

ev6qmdply71t.jpg

jsdp49.jpg

What breed of dog is this? Very pretty :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    b7ggmbb61038.jpg

Dog tax. Here's our doggo.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't mean to derail the thread but this dog eating poo thing is fascinating to me. I wonder if it is the litter that they makes them eat it. We live in the country and all animals poo outside. I've never seen my dogs eat poo or smelled poo on their breath. But we've never had a litter box.

One of my dog used to eat the other dog's poop. So who knows.

But yeah we had to gate the litterbox away or it's a dog buffet.

Coprophagia is somewhat common in dogs. My aunt is our vet and, as she puts it, "there's a poop eater in every pack." We have had dogs who never have done it and some who have relished it with great fervor. It is disgusting, though, for sure.

Interesting, I guess we've just been lucky. Or maybe not so lucky. If our dogs liked deer poo we probably could have spent a LOT less on dog food.
  • cabwj
    cabwj Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Bearbo27 wrote: »

ev6qmdply71t.jpg

jsdp49.jpg

@bearbo27 Thank you. Funny you should ask- we adopted her from a shelter so no way to know for sure, but they said she was an Australian Shepherd mix. I assumed mixed with terrier of some sort because she's pretty small. So, I recently had her DNA done. It turns out she is poodle, Shar-pei, chow chow, Samoyed, and beagle. Not that it matters in the least as she is an absolute joy <3
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    My Westies will sometime eat poo. Disgusting.

Wait. What was the topic again???

I reward myself with wine/beer/gin & tonic. If I spend a lot of time on the treadmill I will then drink back some of the calories burned. Makes the treadmill run easier for me to know I have a glass of wine waiting.
  • Bearbo27
    Bearbo27 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bearbo27 wrote: »

ev6qmdply71t.jpg

jsdp49.jpg

@bearbo27 Thank you. Funny you should ask- we adopted her from a shelter so no way to know for sure, but they said she was an Australian Shepherd mix. I assumed mixed with terrier of some sort because she's pretty small. So, I recently had her DNA done. It turns out she is poodle, Shar-pei, chow chow, Samoyed, and beagle. Not that it matters in the least as she is an absolute joy <3

Oh wow!! What an interesting mix. She is definitely pretty though. My grandmother had a pup that was half chihuahua, half Pomeranian and he looked just like a fox.