Looking for ideas for giving a men's ring...

Options

Replies

• CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    ...box-inside-a-box might work...
    You could end up in the emergency room, doing that. Not worth it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

It depends on the size of the boxes.
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    Good point. The material they are made of would be a factor, as well. Flexibility and malleability will be key.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Do you mean it's been a month that you've been dating or that it's a monthly anniversary, like a 6 month anniversary?

This. Thanks for asking, instead of assuming. Six months is actually right on target.
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    oh screw it.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    And, yes people, I know monthly "anniversaries" are cheesy. For the record, we are in our thirties, very much in love, and talk about getting married very frequently. We've been together six months and friends for three years. I know it's not a long time, but when it's right, you just know. Most of the months pass with just a "Happy 19th, babe" (day of the month it falls on), but since this one is 6 and it falls on a Friday, we thought we'd take it as an excuse to celebrate.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Do you mean it's been a month that you've been dating or that it's a monthly anniversary, like a 6 month anniversary?

This. Thanks for asking, instead of assuming. Six months is actually right on target.

That's what I thought. You wrote "a" monthiversary, not THE monthiversary so that's what I understood from it.

I thought the sock idea someone had could work. Hiding it in something mundane would be a good idea. Just make sure it's not something likely to get tossed or something!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    He actually wants a ring? :huh:

I guess...

LOL!

Sigh new love...I'm so jealous
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    I know somewhere you could hide it and tell him it's a fun game of hide and seek. :wink:

The corn hole?
  • ldrosophila
    Options

Tie a ribbon around it and pull it out like a jack in the box surprise...then he gets to lick the glaze off
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    Tie it around your neck and tell him you have a surprise for him but he has to close his eyes and find it on you.
    Yeah I know its a fabulous idea!!

I actually like this idea
  • ldrosophila
    Options
    And, yes people, I know monthly "anniversaries" are cheesy. For the record, we are in our thirties, very much in love, and talk about getting married very frequently. We've been together six months and friends for three years. I know it's not a long time, but when it's right, you just know. Most of the months pass with just a "Happy 19th, babe" (day of the month it falls on), but since this one is 6 and it falls on a Friday, we thought we'd take it as an excuse to celebrate.

I'm still jealous.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What about in the beer mug, like how some people put it in a Champagne glass when it's the engagement one for the girl?
  • ksimmons19
    Options

I'm just messing with ya. and prob just jealous. :) My most recent ex boyfriend gave me a necklace that he zip tied into a straw box, wrapped a whole roll of wire around the box, then an entire roll of duct tape around that which was surrounded by chains and locked with a padlock, then the key was also wrapped in duct tape....and put that whole thing inside of a cookie tin container sealed with a sealant used for windows or something.....it's like liquid concrete....then put that in a smaller box inside of a larger box. It took me a few hours to get open.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Oh and sorry for being a jerk/twerk but it was looking weird. If you don't mind OP I has lots of fun twerk gif's that could now be used in celebration?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

I'm just messing with ya. and prob just jealous. :) My most recent ex boyfriend gave me a necklace that he zip tied into a straw box, wrapped a whole roll of wire around the box, then an entire roll of duct tape around that which was surrounded by chains and locked with a padlock, then the key was also wrapped in duct tape....and put that whole thing inside of a cookie tin container sealed with a sealant used for windows or something.....it's like liquid concrete....then put that in a smaller box inside of a larger box. It took me a few hours to get open.

is this why he's your ex?
  • CapnGordo
    Options
    That's pretty awesome. Congrats, you crazy kids.
  • ksimmons19
    Options

is this why he's your ex?

No it's because I had to force him to have sex. I was afraid I was gonna catch a case.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    The Onion has some spoof gift boxes in their online store. If he has a cat or dog, this might be a good one:
    http://store.theonion.com/p-4872-ifeast-pet-feeding-mp3-station-decoy-box.aspx
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Nah. It's sweet and I'm happy for you. :)