Fitbit really is garbage!

Options
Well, I am on my second Fitbit. First the blaze wouldn't do anything it promised. It gave me sporadic text and phone indications, at best. Didn't track my heart rate properly, didn't sync with my computer or phone. So I thought I'd try the charge 2. It worked for a bit, but now it's even worse than the blaze was. I thought if it had less to do there would be less to go wrong. Not so much.

Thank God I have 60 days to return this piece of garbage. It won't sync without the dongle. It worked with mfp for only one day. Not sure why it doesn't work now.

Also, it says I am burning way more calories than I could be. I mean i sit behind a desk all day and I'm not very big. No way I'm burning 2500 calories being as lazy as I am. Especially on days I don't work out.

My regular heart rate monitor also gives a wildly different reading than the Fitbit. Given all its problems, I don't trust it. And if it can't even perform that one little function it's time to try something else.

Any ideas on what I should exchange it for? I like having a reminder to be active and would love to have an indication of how many calories I burn as I am active some days more than others.

Anything but this garbage Fitbit! I don't have an iPhone so apple watch is out. Garmin looked so ugly, but it might be worth a try.

I just want something to work at least somewhat for what I need it to!

I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Replies

• davepete57
    davepete57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have had the Vivosmart HR & I am now using the Vivoactive HR. I upgraded to the Vivoactive HR because it has more for running. So far both have worked flawlessly. I would highly recommend the Garmin
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Zip. No HR functionality, but that never really interested me. It seems to underestimate my burns (by about 200 cal/day), based on food intake, activity, and weightloss results. I suspect all trackers are going to have a margin for error. So the main questions when considering your tracker is what functions and features are you looking for and how are you going to use it. Best of luck finding something that suits your needs. There are many tech savvy users, hopefully you'll get some great ideas.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Well, I am on my second Fitbit. First the blaze wouldn't do anything it promised. It gave me sporadic text and phone indications, at best. Didn't track my heart rate properly, didn't sync with my computer or phone. So I thought I'd try the charge 2. It worked for a bit, but now it's even worse than the blaze was. I thought if it had less to do there would be less to go wrong. Not so much.

Thank God I have 60 days to return this piece of garbage. It won't sync without the dongle. It worked with mfp for only one day. Not sure why it doesn't work now.

Also, it says I am burning way more calories than I could be. I mean i sit behind a desk all day and I'm not very big. No way I'm burning 2500 calories being as lazy as I am. Especially on days I don't work out.

My regular heart rate monitor also gives a wildly different reading than the Fitbit. Given all its problems, I don't trust it. And if it can't even perform that one little function it's time to try something else.

Any ideas on what I should exchange it for? I like having a reminder to be active and would love to have an indication of how many calories I burn as I am active some days more than others.

Anything but this garbage Fitbit! I don't have an iPhone so apple watch is out. Garmin looked so ugly, but it might be worth a try.

I just want something to work at least somewhat for what I need it to!

I'd love to hear your suggestions!

if it states you burn 2500 calories is that for all day? because that would include your BMR. although there still could be something wrong with it. I have a charge HR and have had nothing but issues with fitbit and their stuff. when I can afford it Im going with something else
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tomtom spark cardio is the one i settled on after 4 terrible fitbits and a miband
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Saw a video from some lab in Europe that rated the Microsoft Pulse as tops with the Apple Watch 2nd in accuracy.
  • dustman5889
    dustman5889 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use the Garmin Vivoactive HR and highly recommend it. It has worked flawlessly for me and its got a TON of features.
  • redrevolution77
    redrevolution77 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's overkill unless you are a runner or triathlete, but I absolutely could not be happier with my garmin 720xt. It's just a phenomenal device.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I moved on to other gadgets, but had the basic Fitbit for a year and a half and it seemed to estimate my TDEE perfectly (by spot checking results over a month), as well as being motivating to get in extra movement throughout the day.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I tried the fitbit. I liked the idea of "knowing" my output. But it just grossly overestimated everything so I ditched it. I'm back to just logging excercise activity.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Garmin would be a safe bet.
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I won a Blaze. Used it for several months. Realized I paid too much for it. Junked it.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I have a Vivosmart HR and have a lot of frustrations with it. Double counting calories if you try to use the activites, Stairs are useless as are some of the other functions. Things that (apparently) worked in prior software releases are now broken. Here is a thread on the Garmin site for it. https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?556-vivosmart-HR-HR
    Other Garmin units may be better, but the Vivosmart is a piece of crap in my opinion. Just have not found anything to replace it that has HR and is waterproof.
  • MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Tomtom spark cardio dude. waterproof and has hr
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third FitBit and loved everyone of them. I'm really hard on my stuff. I have the Surge now but it is starting to look a little worn but it still works great. And I want to add that the FitBit support desk is the best.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I got my fitbit zip to downgrade from my flex about 2 and a half years ago (I think)

Love it
    Rely on it
    Eat all of it
  • SolotoCEO
    SolotoCEO Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Had a Fitbit Flex...horrid investment. $100 is the garbage can. So I relate. Although I do think you need the dongle to sync.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    shredcamps wrote: »
    Tomtom spark cardio dude. waterproof and has hr

Looks interesting. Any idea if there is a forum I can read up on it?
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's Charge HR died at the one year mark but so did my Garmin Vivosmart. I can't speak to Fitbit's customer service as my warranty was through another entity so I did not have to contact either company as far as receiving a credit to buy another HRM. I currently have the Vivoactive HR and I really like it and I'm sure I haven't even begun to realize all the features it offers. I did have to contact Garmin for support with my Forerunner 305 and I was happy with the outcome.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    The Charge 2 doesn't have a dongle and needs to sync with Bluetooth.

I've had no issues with either of my Fitbits.