Halloween Candy!

Options
2»

Replies

• lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Well I had planned well on our end, handing out something I don't particularly want--Hershey's chocolate mini bars. But of course all three of our kids came home with TONS of candy. So 9 pieces later, I think I'm done for the night!! My faves are Snickers, Reese's cups, and Twix. The kids are donating about half their stash to the troops overseas, and my husband and I have our own little stash which hopefully I can limit to one a day until it's gone, then no more. I just have to stay out of the kids' buckets!!
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a bag of Take 5s this morning so I won't snitch any of my little boy's candy, and I'm letting him only have a couple of pieces a day, so I'll check those pieces at that point. Other than that, they stay on top of the fridge out of sight and out of mind .
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    So I read that 90%of all parents take their favorite candy from the kiddos when going through their candy..
    I'm going to try very very hard to keep out of it this year But boy is it gonna be hard!
    I love tootsie rolls, butterfingers and Reese's...
    What's your Halloween candy weakness?
    Do you have plans to stay away from it?

No weakness. I don't have a big sweet tooth. If people gave out cheese or olives maybe it'd be a problem.
    Teenager doesn't trick or treat now so we just buy a bag of candy for our household to share. I divided it up and put my portion in a drawer. I'll eat one occasionally.
    We got Snickers and Milky Ways mini bars this year.
  • victoria_1024
    victoria_1024 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    We have 4 buckets full of candy and young kids who wouldn't notice if we stole some!! I ate 5 pieces tonight!! But I mostly stayed within my maintenance range. Mostly lol. I love snickers and PB cups although the Pb cups are pretty high in calories compared to others.

I love chopping up a snickers bar and mixing it into my Greek yogurt. :)
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    We have 4 buckets full of candy and young kids who wouldn't notice if we stole some!! I ate 5 pieces tonight!! But I mostly stayed within my maintenance range. Mostly lol. I love snickers and PB cups although the Pb cups are pretty high in calories compared to others.

I love chopping up a snickers bar and mixing it into my Greek yogurt. :)

Oh my, I so wish I hadn't read that!! Now I have ideas...
  • berealx
    berealx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wel I definitely overate today! I am feeling a little guilty about it, but tomorrow is a new day
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    No kids here and two dogs who go nuts when the doorbell rings so not even one piece of candy for me today.
  • astrocosmiczoom
    astrocosmiczoom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I literally went out of my way to buy a bag for my house. Hahaha.

So far I've eaten 6 Almond Joys... they will not be my last.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I still had leftover candy from last Halloween. The stuff is not incredibly tempting to me as I only buy candy free of major allergens (soy, peanuts, gluten, nuts, dairy).