Water Retention?

Options
priyul1000
priyul1000 Posts: 13 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello!

This is my second post on this forum, and after being helped greatly in my last post, with regards to weight loss, I am once again curious.

I have been on a successful weight loss streak over the past year, keeping in a deflict and eating healthy, however, as I near my goal weight, I am slowly increasing my calorie intake and decreasing my deflict (there is still a calorie deflict of around 300) I am moving towards maintaining my weight. However, I had recently consulted my scale, which had resulted in me weighing 2-3 pounds more! Shocked, I didnt know how that was possible. I checked again this morning and it is the same, however, I had also consulted the Nutritional section in MyFitnessPal, and was surprised to see my Sodium intake quite high. So my question is, could these extra few pounds be water weight? I do drink plenty of water everyday, at around 2,5L.

I figured it would be nearly impossible for me to gain two pounds in a day, as I always keep in a strict deflict and track my calories accurately.

All responses well appreciated, thanks!

Replies