Weightloss sizes

Options
124»

Replies

• LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    LynnBBQ72 wrote: »
    OK - after reading this thread during the week, I decided to try a little experiment. I'm 44 years old and 5 ft 5.5 inches tall. I started in January at a very tight 22W pants and 234 lbs. I was almost too big for 22W and was seriously considering buying some 24W's so I would not be so uncomfortable. Then I lost 12 lbs and got down to 222 and my 22W's all fit comfortably. I started on MFP on July 25 at 222 lbs and still size 22W. I carry all of my weight in my belly and my legs are muscular.

I'm now at 200 lbs and most of my size 18W jeans fit in the waist but are baggy in the legs. Mind you, these jeans are the ones I saved from maybe 2009? So yes they are older but not "vintage!" Last weekend I pulled out my size 16 Regular (not 16W) jeans that I wore in maybe 2006 and 2007. None of them fit in the waist. Some were a inch or so from meeting at the snap, and some were a good 4 inches. Most of them fit OK in the legs but it was totally impossible to button/zip a single pair. I had 8 pairs from a range of makers.

I went to Kohl's last night and tried on around 15 pairs of jeans. Really. I grabbed mostly size 16 Regulars and a couple of 14 Regulars. None had elastic waists. EVERY SINGLE PAIR of every brand's size 16's fit just fine. None were uncomfortably tight and none were really loose in the waist/butt. Some of the cuts looked better in the legs but that would be up a personal choice, not a fit issue. This tells me that in just 8 years the manufacturers have added between 2 and 5 inches to the waist of size 16 Regular jeans.

Here's the kicker: THE SIZE 14'S FIT ALSO! Those were definitely snug and not attractive at all on me, but they snapped and zipped and I could move in them. I'm sure there are plenty of people my weight and build wearing them, but I did not like the way they made me look. I probably last wore a size 14 when I weighed 160 lbs or less, back in the mid 90's. I understand that sizes have changed since Marilyn Monroe's time, but I am still amazed at the sizing changes from just a few years ago. An earlier poster around my age wrote that the skinniest girls in the early 90's wore size 6 or 8 and that is completely true. Never ever ever would I have believed that someone who weighs 200 lbs could fit into a size 14 - but I did it myself. My eyes have been opened!

I had a friend in H.S. that wore maybe a 2...and in late pregnancy in early 98 wore a size 6...I loved her, but hated her lol
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I seriously have gone down only two sizes with 50 pounds...although I do feel like I'm beginning to shrink down from my current size and can see another size down in my future. Maybe months into that future, but it's in distant sight, anyway.

For clarity, I started out a size 18 bottoms, 2X tops at 212, and am currently 14 bottoms, L tops at 162.

It has been 11 months.