Replies

• ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Home is faster. Fewer excuses.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,221 Member
    Options
    Neither, actually. Or both and then some ... ??

My preference is to cycle or walk/hike outside, away from home. Sometimes quite some distance away from home.

And then it's a toss up. I have equipment at home so I'll do that sometimes because it is convenient or other times we'll drop in at the gym because they've got better equipment and it's something different.

• BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like working at the gym. I like that I have to go there, and once I'm there I've got nothing to do but work out. I think if I worked out at home I'd get really easily distracted. But the gym is this lovely separate space that's just for exercising.

That and there wouldn't really be space in my house for working out properly (not without other people wandering by all the time, at least) and the gym has all the fancy equipment!
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I like having the different options at the gym. At home I just have a treadmill and I hate it. At the gym I can swim, use an elliptical, bike, walk the indoor track, use the weight machines or free weights, or join a class.

I actually prefer being outside to anything else though. When the weather cooperates and it doesn't get dark so early I like to cycle or go hiking at a local park.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I never liked getting sweaty and exerting myself in front of other people
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Never thought I would say this, but my home gym, which is better than a lot of gyms, I used to dream about being locked in in a gym so I could work out when i woke up, independent of time, and now I can :smiley: The difficulty might come with motivation, but so far i have used it for 3 years with zero lack of motivation
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Either or, or both.. Which ever one provides you with the best equipment choices for the program you are following.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I like the gym because I really don't need my husband and child coming in to ask me where something is while I'm in the middle of reps :wink: