Negative calories in your food diary

Options
Yurippe
Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
I'm sure this has probably been posted before. I posted this in my news thread and people on my friends list hadn't heard it either. Just thought I would share:

"Went to a restaurant today for lunch. Their nutritional info doesn't post the entree without sides. So I added the entire meal to my diary then added the side I didn't eat as a negative number. Did you know you could put negative calories into your diary? Wish I'd thought of this sooner. (I'm probably posting something the rest of you were aware of already. Shhh, I'm still excited about it, lol.) "

Replies

• sunshine92
    sunshine92 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    i wasn't aware of this either...thanks for sharing!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that either! Thanks! What I did just recently notice is that when you click on a category like "lunch" you can add calories without adding the name of the food. This is a nice feature.
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    WOW I never knew you could do that,how do you do that?
  • StaceG1986
    StaceG1986 Posts: 350
    Options
    Yeah I didn't know either, how do you do it?!?
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I'll have to remember that: I have Celiac's and when we do go out to eat, my food is always hard to calculate since there are things like bread & croutons that I can't eat but can't ever get the break down of what I can eat! I've probably added more cals than I really ate sometimes and could have ate more :ohwell:
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Nice! I didnt know we could do this. I'll have to tape a post it to my monitor lol.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    I didn't know that! That's handy!
  • nickkehagias
    Options
    Nice! I didnt know we could do this. I'll have to tape a post it to my monitor lol.

I'd have to suggest first buying post-its that are already sticky, seems like a waste of tape to me.

:tongue:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    WOW I never knew you could do that,how do you do that?

Under quantity put "-1".
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this has probably been posted before. I posted this in my news thread and people on my friends list hadn't heard it either. Just thought I would share:

"Went to a restaurant today for lunch. Their nutritional info doesn't post the entree without sides. So I added the entire meal to my diary then added the side I didn't eat as a negative number. Did you know you could put negative calories into your diary? Wish I'd thought of this sooner. (I'm probably posting something the rest of you were aware of already. Shhh, I'm still excited about it, lol.) "
    I did not know, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know!
    That is a great idea. When I have to pick something with let's say.......mayo. I never eat the mayo because it is not worth 60 cals and 5-10 fat........but have no way to remove it

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I didn't know this either, thanks for sharing!