Night shift

Options
Hi I work nights! Anyone have suggestions for how to track on the nights I work so I can be the most consistent and accurate? I.e. Should my day start from when I wake up to when I sleep or should I calculate based on midnight to midnight. Any insight on eating healthy while working nights is also appreciated!

Replies

• carlhuitt
    carlhuitt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello. Welcome. I work nights too. Think ahead of what you need to eat while on shift and prepare and pack it. Also bring small portioned healthy snacks like almonds. Something with healthy fat so it will stay in your stomach longer. Avoid the places where the snacks are kept. Drink plenty of water. Brush your teeth if you are tempted to do bored eating. Eat at least 6 times per day. Log everything. Have fun and feel good about helping yourself.
  • RNamd23
    RNamd23 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fellow night shifter here. I track from when I wake up til when I go to sleep. I usually pre-log but your diary will let you go back and add things. I figure this way I'm tracking what is a "day" to my body.
  • metalellie1
    metalellie1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi, I work nights but only do two at a time every ten days (my shifts constantly rotate) so I log midnight to midnight. Just log in a way that works for you. I eat my tea before I leave for work then will take snacks like nuts and greek yogurt. If you're on constant nights maybe treat it like you would a day job, so breakfast before you go, lunch on your break and dinner when you get home?