What was the last two things you googled???

Options

Replies

• KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Cities with the least amount of humidity and highest paying states. Time for a move!
  • PatanjaliTwist
    PatanjaliTwist Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Nishiix wrote: »
    "Major headache after 4 hours of broken sleep"

Sorry to hear of your headache, N. I woke up after 4-hrs with one, too. Must be the moon phases :( Feel better.

"Car washes Boca Raton"
    "Largest safest cities with lowest rent US"

• SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Costochondritis and Macallan 12
  • Nishiix
    Nishiix Posts: 283 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear of your headache, N. I woke up after 4-hrs with one, too. Must be the moon phases :( Feel better.

"Car washes Boca Raton"

Thanks Patanjali, I hope the same for you!
    What were the results for your second search? I'm curious.
  • PatanjaliTwist
    edited June 2017
    Options

"Car washes Boca Raton"

:) Thank you.

I found what you'd expect. Lots of places with the highest crime & murder rates in the US, despite my search terms. Seems safe = high rent and/or low population, which = no jobs. Forbes & Money put out regular lists. You must be specific with year with any search... a list from 2007 might be grossly inaccurate now. If you are looking, also, look up the writer. I find many lists trace back to Chambers of Commerce, so they're basically an ad, not always accurate info.

I traveled cross country for 2-yrs... just got off the road. I was stunned to see many cities I used to like, now look like barren ghost towns or be crime ridden squalor. I also found, almost across the board, $1K, give or take a couple hundred is what rent is. Anything less... well, there's normally a reason for it... bad 'hood, awful apts/tenants, lots of retirees/no jobs.

Disclaimer: I look for apts in rental communities, not with individual landlord-owners. You might find cheaper places with the latter, but when moving to a new place, I like the safety & security of having what I need nearby & security patrol, mainly as I live alone. So, I generally pay more than others. I've also had previous creepy landlords, so, like having lots of others around me.

Mainly, what I've seen is, it's tough out there, but we've gotta live somewhere. I don't like the state I just moved to (FL), so will be moving, back west, I hope, around Valentine's Day. Hope that helps! :)
  • Nishiix
    Nishiix Posts: 283 Member
    Options

"Car washes Boca Raton"

:) Thank you.

I found what you'd expect. Lots of places with the highest crime & murder rates in the US, despite my search terms. Seems safe = high rent and/or low population, which = no jobs. Forbes & Money put out regular lists. You must be specific with year with any search... a list from 2007 might be grossly inaccurate now. If you are looking, also, look up the writer. I find many lists trace back to Chambers of Commerce, so they're basically an ad, not always accurate info.

I traveled cross country for 2-yrs... just got off the road. I was stunned to see many cities I used to like, now look like barren ghost towns or be crime ridden squalor. I also found, almost across the board, $1K, give or take a couple hundred is what rent is. Anything less... well, there's normally a reason for it... bad 'hood, awful apts/tenants, lots of retirees/no jobs.

Disclaimer: I look for apts in rental communities, not with individual landlord-owners. You might find cheaper places with the latter, but when moving to a new place, I like the safety & security of having what I need nearby & security patrol, mainly as I live alone. So, I generally pay more than others. I've also had previous creepy landlords, so, like having lots of others around me.

Mainly, what I've seen is, it's tough out there, but we've gotta live somewhere. I don't like the state I just moved to (FL), so will be moving, back west, I hope, around Valentine's Day. Hope that helps! :)

Very informative. I suspect it may worsen even more as the years pass. 2 years huh? That's a pretty decent amount of time for things to fall apart. There's no telling where things will lead economically. It's not easy to find an ideal area with a decent price to be able to actually live. Location and weather play a part, which is also something one may not be able to control (location moreso than weather).

I speak for myself mainly, but I am sure plenty of college students also have similar issues to finding a place to live alone. I would prefer not to live with random strangers, but I suppose it's a "have to" thing that occurs for the majority.

I hear both good and bad things of FL. Every place has its pros and cons however. I hope you safe travels when the time comes, even if it is still a bit of ways away!
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Pitt Steelers
    Denver attractions
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    mike hucker
    breakfast in portland
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Father's Day when you have a terrible father (first hit: "How Abusive Men Parent." Spot on.)
    Wonder Woman showtimes

...looks like I found the answer to the first problem...
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Kullerva wrote: »
    Father's Day when you have a terrible father (first hit: "How Abusive Men Parent." Spot on.)
    Wonder Woman showtimes

...looks like I found the answer to the first problem...

Wow! On the flip side, Wonder Woman was really good!
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Address for @kitty_meow_meow_

Duct Tape
  • PatanjaliTwist
    Options
    I hear both good and bad things of FL. Every place has its pros and cons however. I hope you safe travels when the time comes, even if it is still a bit of ways away!

Thank you. I'm an old pro at this. I've lived on 4 continents, 7 countries, 12 states & counting. Stopped counting at 28 moves. :)

"Sell phones online"
    "Organic farmer's markets nearby"
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Duct Tape

She told me it's:

6969 *kitten* Lane
    Monkey Butt Junction, Alabama
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options

Duct Tape

She told me it's:

6969 *kitten* Lane

On my way!!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

Duct Tape

She told me it's:

6969 *kitten* Lane

On my way!!

Omg.. it seriously kittened out butt hole? We can't say butt hole as one word either?
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

Duct Tape

She told me it's:

6969 *kitten* Lane

On my way!!

Omg.. it seriously kittened out butt hole? We can't say butt hole as one word either?

Yea, it seems to be pretty serious.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    Rochester Jazz Festival Dates
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    Photographers
    New biking shoes - how could I lose mine?
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

Duct Tape

She told me it's:

6969 *kitten* Lane

I really love the 6969 address... I was about to google it....lmao
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »

Duct Tape

She told me it's:

6969 *kitten* Lane

I really love the 6969 address... I was about to google it....lmao

LOL I am still irritated they censored butt hole!