Craving for pizza?

Options

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I had pizza last night. I made it with a dough ball made from a wild yeast starter, with oil, sauce, pepperoni and mozz on top, cooked on an iron plate at 500 degrees. It was perfect. The dough ball was a little large so the calories worked out to 602, but I'm not actually complaining about it. It was perfect.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You could use a tortilla or pita bread as a quick pizza crust.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I never met a pizza I didn't like.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    We would use English muffins
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Seems like a nice idea for those who are interested. I hope you enjoyed it!
  • brittlynne90
    brittlynne90 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I get the lean cuisine pizza and put them in the toaster oven. They are pretty good and its 410 calories for the pepperoni.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ryry_ wrote: »
    Looks mildly appetizing, my concern is if you don't immediately eat it you have a pizza bread pudding.

That was my thought. Doesn't the bread get all soggy?

I just eat pizza. If I'm careful throughout the day, I can make 3-4 slices fit.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    fswbs0dwmajj.jpg

I own this pizza oven and it makes the perfect pie evah!! Homemade pizza, where you have total control over the ingredients, is the bomb!!
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Looks mildly appetizing, my concern is if you don't immediately eat it you have a pizza bread pudding.

Yup. I've become partial to thin crust also. Saves about 30% on calories per slice.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks OP, now all i want to eat tonight is Pizza.

Saboteur!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    fswbs0dwmajj.jpg

I own this pizza oven and it makes the perfect pie evah!! Homemade pizza, where you have total control over the ingredients, is the bomb!!

That looks fun!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Pita is the closest to a regular crust that I've tasted. I make them for my kid when we're rushing or if she has friends over and I don't want to waste food on them ;)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Have you ever heard of naan? They sell it at Aldi and it's amazing! I prefer the garlic naan and yesterday for lunch I made a pizza on that with spinach, 1/4 cup of shredded mozzarella, 1/4 cup of alfredo sauce, and 3 oz of chicken with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese after it came out of the oven. I baked it at 350 for about 15 mins and omg it was amazing. The whole pizza comes out to only 633 calories and I'm not gonna lie, I ate the whole thing. It was very satisfying

Naan is as caloric as regular pizza crust. So not exactly a good alternative. ;)

Heh, much more so, IMO, as it usually has more fat. It's great, but I wouldn't personally use it for pizza, but splurge on it when eating Indian.
    I'd rather have a slice or two of really good pizza once in a while than be able to eat all of the quasi-crap I can stuff into myself every day.

Totally agree, but for 633 I could also have a normal home-made pizza of dinner size, 2-3 slices of a good thin crust pizza from a local Italian place (again a lunch/dinner size), or even an extremely filling amount of some Chicago-style or other deep dish pizza.

A slice of this is 370 calories (it's not my favorite stuffed pizza, haven't actually had it in ages, but it's quite filling and on the right occasion (sometimes they bring it in at work) I'd not turn it down -- they use a lower cal cheese although you can't tell):

vs1xrj7be9vl.jpg

Drooling.
  • crawforgarten
    crawforgarten Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've been making pizza's on joesph's lavash bread. 60 calories, 6 grams of protein for half a slab which is about the size of the inside of a toaster oven.

Add 1/4 cup of classico pizza sauce (40), 1/4 cup low fat mozarella (100), and 3 oz chopped grilled chicken (120), toss it in the oven at 450 for 5-7 minutes and we're in business for 320 calories.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    A for effort.
  • drivennightrunner87
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I don't often get a craving for pizza, but when I do, I go for a nice long bicycle ride ... and then pick one up for dinner. :)

See. this is what a WINNER does. :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Yup. I've become partial to thin crust also. Saves about 30% on calories per slice.
    Thin crust gives an awesome crunch to the pizza too. Honestly, unless it's a crust like Pizza Hut, I don't feel like thicker crust adds anything worth the calories over.

• Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I don't do well with flour type stuff (indigestion) so I make pizza type thing over cauliflower rice. I LOVE cauliflower rice -- makes a nice base to all kinds of stuff, makes a great soufflé mixed with egg whites, etc. etc.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

This is what I do, too. Because let's face it - the crust is merely the delivery vehicle for the yummy toppings. :)