Counting calories not losing

Options
jlsjenni1992
jlsjenni1992 Posts: 38 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Why am I not losing weight counting calories .. I'm not gaining weight but still , I'm going to try to eat a little healthier then iam it in my opinion I've been eating way less out then I used to and less sweets .. sometimes does it take long time for ur body to kick in and lose
I'm 5'3 and weigh 163 pound I've been watching how much I go out to eat for fast food and sweets since beginning of summer before that for a month and half I was only eating 1200 calories ..I'm going to start only eating out 1 week religiously instead of around that .. I also going to eat very healthy brreakfast and average around 1570 calories day and I have been doing zero excercise so I'm going to try to walk mile 3 times week .. I want to lose weight but I don't mind it going slow but at this rate I don't think I'll ever see results

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Can you provide some more information? What are your stats? How long has it been since you started/stopped losing? How are you determining your calorie intake?
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food on a food scale? Most folks here will recommend that if you are not because it's easy to underestimate.

How long have you been trying?

Also if you are already smaller and only have a few pounds to lose it will come off slower.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    You say you're going to "only" eat out once a week?

How often do you eat out now? How do you count those calories?

As a rule of thumb, restaurant calorie counts are VERY inaccurate, because the portion sizes they use to calculate them are often much smaller than what you're actually served.
  • idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    You must have been eating more than you think. I started out at 5'4 and 163 and was attempting to eat 1200. I thought I was but at that time I didn't have a food scale so I was probably eating more like 1400...I was normally going to bed pretty hungry, but the weight was coming off pretty fast...about 1.5lbs/week.

I wasn't really going out to eat at all though. Even now I restrict it because a restaurant meal is usually about 1000+ cals so it means I either go way over my goal or don't get to eat much else for that day.