Acceptance and Vigilance

Options
I just want to share out loud (virtually) part of what is hardest for me about losing weight. It's so hard to accept that I am a person who has to work really hard at this - that it itself is just such a huge bummer, when I think of all the people who DON'T have to work hard at it.

But also, I really do have to stay vigilant MOST of the time if I want to lose weight. I'm not saying I don't overindulge sometimes, but the truth is, I really can't ever relax about it. It's moment after moment, hour after hour, day after day. It's really hard work.

I know you all know this. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Like my husband says.. it is so easy to gain the weight..and so very hard to lose it.. for everyone ..so you're not alone. it isn't fair.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    There are some folks that it seems like they don't have to work at it. Boo for us Yay for them.

If I'm honest with myself a few of my "thin" friends really do watch what they eat I just never noticed until now. They order salad's and drinking water when we go out and I was ordering the pizza and Dr. Pepper. Not that there is anything good/bad about either of those choices I just ate way more calories than they did.

When you say vigilant "most" of the time do you mean you are hungry most of the time or just thinking about eating food?
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Yeah I had to come to accept the same thing.

Sure I have friends who can eat a whole lot and stay thin... but I'm not them. I'm me. And I gotta do what I gotta do.