Favorite protein bars

Options
I like to have a protein bar as an afternoon snack. Right now I am into Oatmega bars. Wondering what else you like? I'm looking for something about 200 calories, low sugar (5-7 grams) and at least 10 grams protein. Real ingredients.

Replies

• maeggggan
    maeggggan Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    OH YEAH! ONE BARS
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Robert Irvine's Fit Crunch Peanut Butter and Birthday cake,

Brand new favorite Wheyfer Double Chocolate (if you like those old fashioned wafer cookies as a kid, you like these)

I like the Combat a lot but they do not agree with me for some reason and I can tolerate just about everything..
  • wip1983
    wip1983 Posts: 23 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    ERG! Energy Bars! They are so good and keep me satiated for 3-4 hours :wink:

http://www.erg-bar.com
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Rise bars are good, made with minimal (three to four) ingredients, but you have to watch them, as they are dense AF. A 60g bar is 280 kcal for their honey almond flavor, but the bar is literally just honey, almonds, and whey isolate.

ETA: they also have a relatively short shelf life, so make sure to check dates when you buy them. The oil from the almonds can go rancid.
  • WildePillar
    WildePillar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch by far! I love the chocolate cake flavor. Also No Cow bars! A lot of plant based protein and fiber there.
  • MJFSH
    MJFSH Posts: 7,252 Member
    Options
    Pure protein. Yummy. 20 g protein 180 cals
  • jacobsmakg
    jacobsmakg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Luna Protein. I like the coconut chocolate.
  • Colt1835
    Colt1835 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    MJFSH wrote: »
    I love the chocolate peanut caramel.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options

The dark chocolate almond is to die for :D
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    PriceK01 wrote: »

The dark chocolate almond is to die for :D

Did you mean Dark Chocolate Coconut?

Or is there an inside joke that I'm missing?

Or am I just in line for a "whoooooooosh?"
  • Jen2133
    Jen2133 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    I like the Combat a lot but they do not agree with me for some reason and I can tolerate just about everything..

Me too! I was all over these for a long time, now it's just not a good item for me. Funny, my brand of protein powder suddenly started to bother me too. Had to switch it up.

I also like the Quest bars and tried a Fit Joy bar that was pretty good.
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options

Brand new favorite Wheyfer Double Chocolate (if you like those old fashioned wafer cookies as a kid, you like these)

I just discovered the birthday cake ones a few weeks ago. They're they damn devil! Lol
  • psunjka
    psunjka Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Combat crunch definitely but they won't be easy on your wallet. Beside those, I like premier protein...
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    JinjoJoey wrote: »

I just discovered the birthday cake ones a few weeks ago. They're they damn devil! Lol

All of the RI bars are pretty damned amazing, imo. Probably the absolute best tasting on the market right now. However, at 380 per bar, that there's bulking food for me.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Combaaaaaaaat. I also love B-yup. Red velvet is awesome.
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    JinjoJoey wrote: »

All of the RI bars are pretty damned amazing, imo. Probably the absolute best tasting on the market right now. However, at 380 per bar, that there's bulking food for me.

Agreed, I usually only go for one of those if I have a hell of a workout... And even then, the psychological effect of knowing how many calories are in them kills my soul. Lol. Not to mention, if you actually weigh them, a lot of times, mine are over weight by as much as 7-10 grams, which ends up making it a 420+ calorie bar.
  • shagerty777
    shagerty777 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Quest, Combat Crunch, Grenade or Cliff Builder's Bars are my current go to bars. Which one depends on what my macros are for that day.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Combaaaaaaaat. I also love B-yup. Red velvet is awesome.

I just ordered three flavors of B-Up. I've been doing Combat for awhile (Chocolate Coconut FTW!) and needed something new. I hope they are awesome!