Maintain my weight for Navy

So I am 19 years old, 5'4 and 168 pounds. I am mostly muscle because I work out a lot and involved in sports and continually push myself
Of course the Navy requires your weight on your height so I worked hard to go down to 154 and I did it but now I am back up again
I leabe in 7 months and I know I can be 150 pounds whenever I am weighed at Meps.
It's just hard because I have to eat 6 small meals and day to accumulate 1600 calories and yet I'm never hungry. I eat an apple and drink cold tea and I'm full.
Anyone else have this issue?
Or is it just me?
:p

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    You are 168lbs of "mainly muscle" but only eat 1600 calories? Something doesn't add up there.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    i have never been full after eating an apple... apples make me feel hungry
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Was in the Navy myself (although a long time ago) and at the time they would let you do measurements if you were over the weight standards (and could pass the fitness test). But I agree w/trigden on the 1600 cals a day and mostly muscle.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    I feel like maybe I am not understanding something here. You can feel fully sated on an apple and black tea ( lucky!)- but you regained 20lbs somehow despite your inclination towards not eating and feel that your tendency towards undereating will prevent you from losing? Which goes against the basic principles of CICO obviously.... I feel very confused
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    you have 7 months to loose 20 pounds , put numbers in MFP and stick to plan you should be fine

I spent 4 years in Navy enjoy your self

good luck
  • fyree39
    fyree39 Posts: 47 Member
    Shay, at 154 pounds, you would be at the maximum allowable, meaning you'd be taped before you even boarded the plane to boot camp. When I was in boot camp I actually gained weight. I'm no nutritionist, nor a doctor, nor a dietician, but I am in the Navy reserves and I would suggest fewer calories per day (or whatever works to get your weight down before you go active). Best of luck.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    I must have been a weirdo; I went into Navy boot camp @ 134 (max for my height) and left 8 weeks later weighing 115. And I didn't miss on the cals; coke, coffee, pancakes, eggs & bacon for breakfast--lunch & dinner were pretty much the same so not sure why I lost the weight. Some folks are different; could be that had 3 meals a day and not much junk food or snacking specially after dinner. Maybe switching to 3 meals a day vs 6 may work for you. Good luck. B)
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Thanks for serving!!! I was an AE (aviation electrician) some years ago. When you get to boot camp if your BMI is out of wack they will put you in the FBI club. I saw guys that were obese come out lean mean fighting machines.
    Regular exercise, proper amount of sleep, and regular meals and you will shape up. Again, thanks for serving!!!!