Do you follow up with your pre-logging?

Options
For those of you out there who do the same as me and log your meals beforehand, do you tend to follow through with it? I just wanted to see if it worked for other people. c:

Replies

• phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sometimes - if I've packed a lunch for work, for example. But I'm really easy to sway toward going out to eat, in which case I'll just move the meal to the next day and go out with co-workers. I'll pre-log what I expect to eat for the day, and then fix it up at the end of the night before I close it out.
  • oldyogi50
    oldyogi50 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes I follow through with what I pre-log. I have found at least for me that it helps me stick to my calories. I know what I am going to be eating all day so it makes me think twice if I am tempted to cheat. I know I will have to give something else up. For me......it works.
  • athyraslove
    athyraslove Posts: 145
    Options
    I pre-log, it helps me to work in goodies into my day without going over. If I don't eat something the next day, or eat more, I go back in and change it so it's accurate. I don't stick strictly to my pre-log or feel guilty about changing it. It's just a guideline for my day, to help me make sure I am eating enough of the right foods and working my snacks in. :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    yes, i do. i like it.
  • loserlee123
    loserlee123 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I pre log breakfast and lunch and then log dinner before I eat it to see how it all fits in. If I decide to have something different I change it in my log before I eat it.
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Durign the week it is easy to pre-log as I will pretty much eat the same thing - breakfast is the same, so it lunch etc.. Also I try and make food for most of the week on Sunday (ie a big stire fry and portion it up for 2-3 days) so that makes it easy too.

I am not very adventurous when it comes to eating..
  • kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230
    Options
    I try my very best to log a day in advance.. I pre-pack all snacks and lunches for the next day. They sound so delicious at night, then I get to work and I'm like "UGH I do NOT want this today".
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    I try my very best to log a day in advance.. I pre-pack all snacks and lunches for the next day. They sound so delicious at night, then I get to work and I'm like "UGH I do NOT want this today".

Yeah, I do this exact thing.
    I pre-log, it helps me to work in goodies into my day without going over. If I don't eat something the next day, or eat more, I go back in and change it so it's accurate. I don't stick strictly to my pre-log or feel guilty about changing it. It's just a guideline for my day, to help me make sure I am eating enough of the right foods and working my snacks in. :)
    Sounds about right, I do that too. xD It's just a nice little thing and keeps me from going over calories usually.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Always
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Right now, I usually log as I'm eating, or while I'm cooking.
    I will also add what I am going to have for dinner before I cook. I also use the My Recipe section. I do that ahead a time.

When I go back to work, I'm not sure...probably as I go.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    When I pre-log I do a pretty good job of sticking with the plan. It's when I just log-as-I-go that I end up not saving enough calories for dinner, and end up over for the day.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Yes. Religiously. What I prelog is law. I literally turn down food, am late to work making food, or drive 15 plus miles at times to get an ingredient to a meal I plan. It's almost an obsession for me.

I am very committed to my physique goals.
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't ... But I do try to stick to my plan at all costs lol
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I do my best to adhere to what I've already put into the log. It does help me to stick to the planned meals and if I do add anything or have to swap out an item (ie I forgot I was out of something), I go back and adjust it. It lets me know how I'm doing and if I need to increase the workout for the day to account for any overages.
  • prium01
    prium01 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yep! I do follow...I always pre log...That has helped me a lot...sometimes if I go over I include them later...
  • sophieannejune
    sophieannejune Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I fill out my plan for the day either the day before or same day. Since life sometimes throws a curve ball it's always subject to change, however by doing this I know what my limits are for the day and can make the appropriate adjustment(s). It also helps me know when I should increase my exercise for the day.
  • nwatrous
    nwatrous Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I tend to enter in breakfast and lunch the night before so I'm not tempted to go out. And during the day I figure out what I'm having for dinner that night and log that before I get home. My dinner is the most likely to change, but at least I have a plan so I'm not trying to figure it out while I'm starving. After dinner I edit my log to show what I actually ate and to see if I have room for a late night snack. This works out great most days when I'm in control. It's more difficult on the weekends or when we hang out with friends in the evening since I'm never sure what we'll be doing.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Otherwise, it's kind of useless. I tend to enter the day's plan in the morning and adjust throughout the day. Right now, I just got a hunger pang, so I'm adding a small snack I had room for. Without having pre-planned, I wouldn't know what I had room for. Preplanning works great if you follow through.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yes, and I find it very helpful for me to stay within my goals. I just start pre-logging, but I can't believe how helpful it's been for me.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    For those of you out there who do the same as me and log your meals beforehand, do you tend to follow through with it? I just wanted to see if it worked for other people. c:

Almost always. In fact, pre-logging is what keeps me to my plan. I know what I'm eating. I don't need a donut that a vendor brought in because I already have my snacks planned. I know I'm hitting my protein goal. I know I'm having a sweet treat after dinner.

It's a very rare day when I deviate from my pre-logged plan. I actually usually log my whole week on Sunday afternoons.