Follow up to the follow up to "too thin and overwhelmed"

Options
Hey guys,
I just wanted to let people know how I am doing. If you didn't read my original discussion, I basically said that I was 87/88 pounds and 5'3. I shared how I lost weight due to being lonely and anxiety. Many people expressed how I was dangerous thin and that I needed help immediately. Since that post, I have seen a dietitian, a doctor, and a counselor. They are now helping me work my way up to healthy weight. Also my doctor did various blood work and everything is healthy. Lastly, I have found friends in my town to help ease my loniless. In other words, I am doing much better. I currently weigh about 90 pounds, which means I still have a long way till I reach my doctor's goal of 110 pounds. Even though it is overwhelming, I am happy to be on the right path. Any words of wisdom? If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Options
    I'm so happy to hear that you're doing so much better. Way to go, Hannah!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nice to hear you have sought help and acquired some friends. Best wishes on your full recovery!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you are working on things, have gotten help, and have begun working on building new relationships.
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am so truly happy to hear this! I was actually just thinking about your other thread and wondering how you were doing. Thanks for posting an update <3
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Count me as a friend half a world away. An added bonus if you have any social anxiety, is I won't show up at your doorstep unexpectedly.

As someone with severe social anxiety this made me laugh. The warmest joke I've seen in a long time!

To OP, well done! Amazing you've managed to get cracking on nipping this in the bud early on. Good luck with continued progress.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Count me as a friend half a world away. An added bonus if you have any social anxiety, is I won't show up at your doorstep unexpectedly.

Oh my god,I hate it when people do that!

Hannah I'm so glad to hear you're feeling happier! Lots of luck xxx
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    That's good news. I hope you continue to have success with your loss.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! (I read your other thread but had nothing new to add.)

I find it helpful to make easily achievable smaller goals. That way it doesn't seem as overwhelming. Plus I find it motivating to succeed. For example you could set a goal to go out to for ice cream or dessert every week. Ice cream has delicious calories and it will get you will spend more time out and about.
  • saFit247
    saFit247 Posts: 117 Member
    Options

@Hannahrose888 Well done on the progress ! .. I have been an ectomorph for over 25 years , I was at 105LBS @ 5'10 when I started , over the 4 years I have gained 40 pounds , I am now at 145LBS and still aiming another 15LBS.
    You can do this & all you have to do is keep your workouts on as this is the trigger for your muscle growth & metabolic drive & be at calorie surplus at all time, at this point of time Fat & Carbs are your best friends ! Cheer!m!
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Well done! Slow in the right direction is very good progress, you have time, and bodies can only add or lose a little at a time. When you get to around 100lb, I bet you will notice you feel better in your mood. It's all connected, you know?

Thank you so much for updating, I am glad to hear of your success.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I am so happy that you got the help you needed and you are working on yourself!! I wish you all the best!!!