Can you lose weight by eating Lean Cuisines?

Options
2»

Replies

• matyoung125
    matyoung125 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Try searching for "the big fat truth about low fat foods" was on the bbc. Took a presenter/mode,l Zoe Salmon, who swapped a healthy diet for low fat ready meals for a month and tracks her progress
  • For_A_Better_Me
    For_A_Better_Me Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was eating them as well, but they are really high in sodium. So I decided to make my own. I took one day, about 1.5-2 hours, and made a variety of healthy foods that would go together. Then I put them in freezer baggies. I was able to make 9 single serve microwavable bags for less than $7 total!! Plus there was no added sodium! I was able to use fresh veggies, some pasta, chicken, and tuna. You could also use lean cuts of other meats such as beef and pork. Now when I need them they are right there, and so much healthier!!
  • clint08911
    clint08911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started out on weight watchers, and these were pretty much a staple for me, and in a couple of months I went from 222 to 192 where I am now. I think the healthy choice, lean cuisine, and smartones are a good choice for losing weight. I would normally eat a dinner and a piece of fruit with it, and it worked great for me. I do believe cooking and preparing every meal ahead of time is the best option, but I would try this, not get time to go shopping, cook the meal, etc... and end up eating crap. I still eat them pretty regularly, eating things made from scratch are the best bet, but these have worked for me, and I pretty much stay short on time.
  • GymPoet
    GymPoet Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice and Kashi brands tend to have the least sodium. Not necessarily low, but less than other brands.
  • seano7878
    Options
    I joined this site just to weigh in on this topic. I am a recently graduated college student who went from being active to sedentary (desk job). I live alone and don't like to cook. So I started eating lean cuisines 3-4 times daily with just a ton of diet cranberry juice (5-10 calories per serving). I do mix in snacks and such in occasionally (not healthy ones), but the bulk of my diet is just the lean cuisines. I have lost about 20 lbs and have honestly not been hungry once. Sure they have a lot of sodium, but each one has ~30% of your daily sodium so 3-4 daily would put me at about the average recommended sodium limit. I have about 5 lbs more to go so I should be at goal in about 1-2 more months. For me its a quick, convenient way to make sure I'm limiting my calories without having to worry about measuring or calorie counting. Well, hope this helps everybody seemed against the idea so I wanted to speak up for the other side.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 lbs eating JUST Lean Cuisines as I learned how to cook real food.
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you can. I'd limit them as much as possible though. Very processed and high in sodium.
  • Cg2111
    Cg2111 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yes! I love lean cuisines :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Will you be eating at a calorie deficit by eating Lean Cuisines? If the answer is yes, then yes, you will lose weight.

However for me they just aren't that good and they are not enough food.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    <
    Yep :)
  • janupshaw
    janupshaw Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Sure, you can lose weight by eating them! Instead of looking at the calorie count, I look at the sodium content and try to get the ones with the lowest amount. In all actuality, a meal of a turkey or ham sandwich & 1/2 cup cottage cheese is going to have alot more sodium than one of those meals.
  • MsPearlSnaps
    MsPearlSnaps Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Better to have a lean cuisine than eat fast food. I keep a couple in the freezer at work for days I forget or am too rushed to bring my lunch. You wouldn't want to eat them exclusively but a couple times a week won't hurt.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Yes! I regularly have one for lunch and/or dinner. Be sure to log your calories that's the real key right there. Best of luck to you
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Better to have a lean cuisine than eat fast food. I keep a couple in the freezer at work for days I forget or am too rushed to bring my lunch. You wouldn't want to eat them exclusively but a couple times a week won't hurt.

I ate both and lost almost 60lbs :wink:
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My problem had always been that I'm not full after I eat them. It's been repeated error lesson learned. I think they are effective if you only have 200-300 calories left , but they never seem to fill me up... So I want to eat later and then it sort of defeats the purpose as a substantial meal.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I eat them at work all the time and have for the last year.