Been on point with everything but I started gaining weight all of a sudden any ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• joburnolt
    joburnolt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Your bodyweight fluctuates 5-7 pounds on the daily. If you weigh yourself right when you wake up and again right after breakfast you will see this for yourself. That extra weight is a combination of water weight and glycogen stores filling up. Nothing to worry about.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    joburnolt wrote: »
    Your bodyweight fluctuates 5-7 pounds on the daily. If you weigh yourself right when you wake up and again right after breakfast you will see this for yourself. That extra weight is a combination of water weight and glycogen stores filling up. Nothing to worry about.

Really? I thought it was higher from the weight of my breakfast.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »

The weight of the food you eat is also going to be part of your daily fluctuations.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    mina02us wrote: »
    I always get worried about taking creatine that I will keep on increasing.

The only thing that will make you "keep on increasing" is a caloric surplus. Don't worry about temporary water weight. The number on the scale will keep going down as long as you keep losing fat from your caloric deficit. You're not going to get bulky on a deficit.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »

The weight of the food you eat is also going to be part of your daily fluctuations.

I think she knows that. I think her response was somewhat tongue-in-cheek in regards to the "right after breakfast" part meaning water and glycogen, as opposed to the breakfast you just ate.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    3 lbs is well within range of normal fluctuations. I wouldn't sweat it unless it sticks around for a few weeks.