feeling f'n brilliant after 1st weight workout...

So this morning I had a program review, as I wanted to start again with gym.. as I havent been for ages. . I was taken through to the weights and did 3 sets... when I was done.. I was little sore... but the epic feeling of epicness was overwhelming. .. is this what you call I guess what gym junkies get ... that high...? It could be that im just sooooo proud of my self.... the trainer asked me how long I wNted to lift for.... I said forever.... :) my plan is to eat more to lose weight and lift heavy :) feeling awesome :)

Replies

• mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    Grats! Sounds like you're really motivated. The mental challenge can be the toughest barrier and it seems like you got that one out of the way. Use that energy to eat right, drink lots of water, keep hitting the gym and never look back.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    The only soreness i can think of that i miss when i dont have it. Something about weights that brings your body to life.
  • princesstoadstool82
    princesstoadstool82 Posts: 371 Member
    Thanks :) im eating really good cause I have high cholesterol. .. ive got 3 months to change that... so why not as a by product work on my body... ive never been so modivated.. loving the heavy lifting for woman thread.. its what im gonna do :)
  • princesstoadstool82
    James im so excited... cant wait to do it again....
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    That's awesome! It's soo addicting :)
  • james6998
    Trust me its something that gets into your very soul. You love how weightlifting changes your body, mind, and attitude towards everything. People don't understand until they step into the world. The looks people give you makes all the hard work so worth it. Sounds like you are on a great track.
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Keep it up! It starts off a bit painful, but you will get better at it! Its awesome when you start going up in weight, and you really begin to see how your body is changing for the better.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    YESSSSSSSSSS

It's called "HULK SMASH" syndrome, and it's awesome.
  • princesstoadstool82
    i'm still going, and yes my body has changed, i see i actually have muscles in my arms and legs.. :D and my *kitten* is perkier, :blushing:

this wednesday i move onto THE FREE WEIGHTS!!!!! :bigsmile: dun dun dunnnnnn

going to attempt the stronglifts 5x5 program... i posted a topic cause i'm a little confused by it... any tips feel free :smile:

but yeah still loving the weights :heart:
  • DrNerdy
    I used to be a huge cardio buff, all about running all the time. But weight lifting has opened up a whole new world for me. So many different exercises, moves, plans, supplements... Its perfect for someone with a short attention span like myself....

I also get to get out of the house and go to a place dedicated for working out. I know when I get there, for the next hour or two.. That is what I'm going to do.

Free weights will help you greatly. You will also be working out your supporting muscles while doing your regular exercises, so its a win/win situation.
  • princesstoadstool82
    I used to be a huge cardio buff, all about running all the time. But weight lifting has opened up a whole new world for me. So many different exercises, moves, plans, supplements... Its perfect for someone with a short attention span like myself....

I also get to get out of the house and go to a place dedicated for working out. I know when I get there, for the next hour or two.. That is what I'm going to do.

Free weights will help you greatly. You will also be working out your supporting muscles while doing your regular exercises, so its a win/win situation.

yep i'll be working more muscles doing squats with weights, and i've just heard and seen great results with these free weight lifting programs on here... i've been wanting to jump in there, but just havent known where to start... the gym dude i'm seeing on wednesday was the one who wrote up a program for me... basically he is going to be writing another (kind of.. as i have what i wanna do here already... :indifferent: ) he basically has said just wait a few more weeks till we do free weights... but i am iching to start them now... so booked in with someone else, to see him, lol.. i'm sure he isnt gonna be impressed, but other then being able to increase my leg press from 45kgs to 74 kgs everything else hasnt impreoved in the weight side of things, yes i am looking better, and i have muscles and i can see them too... but i just feel like i'm not "getting" anywhere doing what i'm doing compared to what i can achive once i'm on free weights.. :smile:
  • DrNerdy
    Remember these posts! Keep up this level of motivation! If you ever need any advice, please feel free to ask.
  • princesstoadstool82
    Remember these posts! Keep up this level of motivation! If you ever need any advice, please feel free to ask.

no worries link thanks :happy: might add you as a friend..
  • james6998
    Just remember the MOST important thing when weight lifting is proper form. Results are only from muscles worked properly. And on a personal note. Best looking bodies ever come from women that lift weights.
  • princesstoadstool82
    I started with a 10kg weight for squats... and the pt watched me and was happy with all exercises. .. yay.. thanks for the info james :)