Hoping to be slim

Maywin
Maywin Posts: 12 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone. I joined some time ago, but am only just making a start here. I need to lose at least 35lbs. I'm 62 years old and I'm beginning to think it's now or never. I want to be slim by Christmas...........mmm. Can I do it?
Sylvia:smile:

Replies

• ana70
    ana70 Posts: 93
    I think if you lose 5 pounds a month through healthy eating and exercise it is doable. Absolutely! Are you exercising now? You may find this website just the thing to count calories and monitor your weight like never before. I feel very positive for you, you can certainly be slim. You have to believe it as much as you can muster to make it come true. Then follow through with the appropriate actions. Good for you for wanted to be healthy. :bigsmile:
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    Welcome! You'll find this site is very helpful for motivation, support, and of course tracking everything you eat. :)

One piece of advice I have is something I'm working on saying to myself
    ....."When I'm slim I'm going t"o.....

Not IF or I HOPE....it's all up to you.....make it a fact that you WILL BE :)
  • MColette
    MColette Posts: 62
    Welcome!

How about getting slim for life instead of just getting slim for Xmas?
    I used to think like you and try to set a date for my weight loss goals, just try to think beyond all that, like Bruce Lee said when breaking boards, you have to set your goal beyond the board. take it 2 inches further than the actual target.
    If you do that whether you get to you goal by xmas or not is going to be irrelevant! You will just keep your healthy life changes forever.
    That really helped me, hope it helps you.
  • Maywin
    Maywin Posts: 12 Member
    Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I do want to be slim for life so here goes.
    Sylvia
This discussion has been closed.