Can't seem to lose the last 10 pounds

Options
I have been doing weight watchers since March and I have lost 24 pounds. I am happy and proud of that it's the smallest I've been in about 10 years. I have 10 more pounds to get to my goal however I can't seen to lose them. I started to still track on weight watchers but also track my calories and other nutrients because I've been told I don't eat enough and I don't get enough protien. I also do strength training a couple of times a week mostly body weight and if I am using weight the most is I lift is 15 pounds. Any advice to get over the last 10 pounds hurdle?

Replies

• LostintheAmazon
    LostintheAmazon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you are able to handle it, increasing the weight you are lifting may help get you over that plateau. Go to 20 lbs, or 25 if that's too easy. If you've been doing it for a while, your body may have gotten used to it and it won't be a challenge anymore.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Are you weighing and logging everything you eat to be more accurate, as getting close to your goal weight you need to be more accurate. What are your stats (height, weight etc) and how many calories should you be eating a day and how many do you actually eat? can you open your diary so we can see what you eat?
    Not eating enough won't slow down your weight loss that is a myth, so either you're eating more calories than you burn or you're eating more than you think.
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Definitely use a food scale if you aren't already. You have to be very, very accurate that close to goal weight because your deficit is so small.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more or both. You are lighter so your TDEE is lower so calories need to be lower.
  • joburnolt
    joburnolt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What may have happened is you metabolism has slowed to the point where you need an even more substantial caloric deficit. I would recommend trying carb cycling, as it keeps your metabolism burning.
  • Vegplotter
    Vegplotter Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! You've reduced your weight and you've now got a more efficient metabolism. That means your health and longevity has soared (statistically speaking). The bad news is that means you need to reduce calories (by 50 a day/wk) until you start losing again. Keep water and fibre in your diet (constipation stops weight loss) Exercise as much as you like as long as it's a level you're going to be happy with for the rest of your life.
    Don't wait to get to target to start celebrating with some new clothes or a day/evening out with friends.
    ALSO:
    This is the time to start thinking about a balanced diet for life. Don't worry about whether your tracking is 100% accurate. Whatever figure you start to lose at is 50/100 cals below your maintenance consumption, by YOUR reckoning.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    joburnolt wrote: »
    What may have happened is you metabolism has slowed to the point where you need an even more substantial caloric deficit. I would recommend trying carb cycling, as it keeps your metabolism burning.

No to everything you've said. It takes either a severe deficit or a prolonged diet for the metabolism to adapt. Carb cycling is not required!