Negative calorie adjustment

It seems I have a negative calorie adjustment on Saturday and Sunday no matter what I do. Got up this morning, did a T25 workout, burned 199 calories. And it shows a -283 calorie adjustment! I don't see how this could possibly be correct. Insight? Thanks!

Replies

• CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    You have not provided much information, so I will assume since you have the option of negative calorie adjustments enabled that you have an all-day activity tracker synced to MFP. Also, I assume since your weekend adjustments vary from the weekday projections, that you work or are somehow more active Monday through Friday. Since you manage to achieve positive adjustments on weekdays but not weekends, I will assume you have set MFP's Activity Level above Sedentary, the lowest of four activity levels.

Your all-day activity tracker, pretty much any brand, uses daily (and some I would guess use hourly) moving averages to estimate your tracker's full day projection for each day. MFP compares the MFP projection based on your MFP Activity Level to the tracker's full day projection and adjusts your Remaining Calories throughout the day. I would guess your all-day activity tracker expects your weekend activity to remain, on average, below your weekday activity.

You could lower your MFP one activity level (if it is set above Sedentary). In this case, you will earn more positive Calories on the weekdays, but most likely not go negative on the weekends.