Syrian Fatayer (Fatire) - with meat & rice

Options
The MFP nutrition data base lists these yummy little things at 293 calories per serving. = 1 fatayer.
Any guess on size or weight ? I'm assuming 3 oz/100 grams. That seem appropriate ?

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I just looked up a recipe and did some rough math. Your assumption seems to be about right... I'd estimate one cooked fatayer to weigh around 3-4oz and contain between 200-300 calories. That's just based on one recipe and some REALLY hasty calculating, though. I think this is one of those situations where you find an entry that seems more or less reasonable, overestimate your quantity, log it, and then write it off without worrying about super precision.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I would also assume 100g give or take some calories depending on the bread:filling ratio, but fatayer can vary quite a lot in size and weight. There are some super tiny ones and some really large ones, so better try to get some idea of how much yours weighed (not sure how you'd do that AFTER eating it! ;) ) rather than assume a fateera is 100g automatically.