Dealing with inconsistency

Options
WinWamboh
WinWamboh Posts: 19 Member
Anyone faced/ facing inconsistencies in weight loss plans? If so how did/do you face this challenge?

Replies

• DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    If you're using a food scale, you're goal isn't unrealistically aggressive, there isn't a medical reason, you account for normal fluctuations & you wait at least 28 days, there'll be no inconsistency!
  • WinWamboh
    Options
    If you're using a food scale, you're goal isn't unrealistically aggressive, there isn't a medical reason, you account for normal fluctuations & you wait at least 28 days, there'll be no inconsistency!

I've used apps in the past where I'll start off well,,,and fall back in a week or so gaining back the lost weight sometimes even slightly more..my challenge is the drive to keep going.... Thanks though
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited November 2016
    Options
    You're welcome, it seems to me that you're; unnecessarily restricting yourself & then over consume afterwards. You don't have to change your entire lifestyle, in 1 day; you're able to do it over several instead. I'd suggest that your 1st goal, should be to create a pattern of choices; that you're able to sustain indefinitely & then proceed to monitor the weight loss. If weight's you're only goal, the daily/weekly fluctuations; might be unbearable!
  • WinWamboh
    Options
    That was very helpful ....highly appreciated... Will definitely give that a try,,,
  • WinWamboh
    Options
    Hopefully this time I'll achieve better results
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    WinWamboh wrote: »
    That was very helpful ....highly appreciated... Will definitely give that a try,,,

You're very much welcome & thank you, to being open to sensible advice; that doesn't always happen here! So someone like you're a real treat because much of the time, we waste our time because people become set in their ways & aren't actually seeking help but reassurance that they're right, even when it's obvious that they're wrong.
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

You'll do just fine, you're very intelligent & appreciative (I read the "Feeling unattractive?" thread, so that's how I know)!
  • WinWamboh
    Options

You'll do just fine, you're very intelligent & appreciative (I read the "Feeling unattractive?" thread, so that's how I know)!

Aaawwweeee,,,, I'm humbled,,,its true most people are just here for all the wrong reasons,,,,I've seen from posts and comments.. Its disappointing really... Grateful to have found one of the few genuine members of this community
  • WinWamboh
    Options

You're very much welcome & thank you, to being open to sensible advice; that doesn't always happen here! So someone like you're a real treat because much of the time, we waste our time because people become set in their ways & aren't actually seeking help but reassurance that they're right, even when it's obvious that they're wrong.

We learn through corrections.... I don't see how its so hard for people to understand.... Isn't that why we all got this app ..?
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

Aaawwweeee,,,, I'm humbled,,,its true most people are just here for all the wrong reasons,,,,I've seen from posts and comments.. Its disappointing really... Grateful to have found one of the few genuine members of this community

Thank you!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options

We learn through corrections.... I don't see how its so hard for people to understand.... Isn't that why we all got this app ..?

Yes indeed!