Before & current pic ~ 100 pounds lost

2»

Replies

• 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Can share what was your turning point and how you started and what kept you going?
    Lots of questions
  • tamidtaylor
    tamidtaylor Posts: 49 Member
    I've received quite a few questions etc so thought I'd try to answer them here. I rejoined the gym on my 40th birthday ready to get healthy and into better shape. Initially I started off with a goal of working out 3 times a week and cutting out all junk food. It worked, I started losing. Along the way I remembered how much I love working out and bumped up to 5 to 6 days a week and along with no junk food adopted clean eating. It propelled my progress and I also shifted to more weight lifting less cardio. It's a journey for sure and forever changing as you have to keep challenging yourself, but it's one of the best things I've ever done.

I'm open to questions etc
  • tamidtaylor
    lauramdx4 wrote: »
    What an inspiration! I would love to know what calorie goal you were at and your workout routine! You look amazing!!

I was at 1500 went down to 1400 and recently have gone up to 1600, but I do very intense workouts and lift heavy weights. I'm also careful about where those calories come from.
  • imjms737
    imjms737 Posts: 69 Member
    holy macaroni!
    I can only imagine how mucg work you must've put in to get where you are now.

Respect, and congrats!
  • tamidtaylor
    imjms737 wrote: »
    holy macaroni!
    I can only imagine how mucg work you must've put in to get where you are now.

Respect, and congrats!

Thank you!!
  • lauramdx4
    lauramdx4 Posts: 33 Member
    What an inspiration! I would love to know what calorie goal you were at and your workout routine! You look amazing!!

I was at 1500 went down to 1400 and recently have gone up to 1600, but I do very intense workouts and lift heavy weights. I'm also careful about where those calories come from.

What does your intense wworkout look like? I always hear ppl talking about intense but what is intense to me might not be as intense as I need to be doing!!
  • kshatriyo
    kshatriyo Posts: 134 Member
    you have an hourglass, I hope to have one of those:-)
  • dtmwed
    dtmwed Posts: 130 Member
    How inspirational! I like how it looks like your choice in workout attire has changed as well!! Show it off girl! Lot of hard work got you there.
  • tamidtaylor

What does your intense wworkout look like? I always hear ppl talking about intense but what is intense to me might not be as intense as I need to be doing!!

I do a variety of different workouts
    A couple days a week I will run HIIT intervals on the treadmill and then lift heavy weights. I take a couple classes at the gym that consist of for example, burpees, push-ups, squats, mountain climbers etc, we also use weights and do core work. It's an hour of full on intensity and you can push yourself to your limit and I do.
  • slcruz24
    slcruz24 Posts: 222 Member
    You look fantastic
  • crystalmorrison378
    crystalmorrison378 Posts: 180 Member
    You look FANTASTIC! congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!